2+ gamers one GPU

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I don't even know if this is the right place to post this type of question.

Also, I'm Italia so sorry for any typo or badly written sentences.

My question is easy, but I'm pretty sure the answer will be not.

I got a quite powerful rig, packing a 2600x, Asus prime x470-pro, 16gb of t-force delta RGB running @3200MHz, 1070ti from Inno3d, 480gb nvme SSD from xpg (I know it's not a lot of storage space, but I was on a budget when I had to buy it).

I would like to run two instances of the same program (or game) in a non-virtualized OS, is there a way I can achieve this?

I would connect two (or more, if possible)  monitors to my 1070ti and be running the same game on all of them. 

Let me make an example, just to be clearer: 
Let's suppose I'm with two friends at my house, but only one of them has got a powerful-enough laptop with him to play a game, so we open up the game on both computers.
The friend with the laptop will play on his PC, while the other friend will play with a controller (or a secondary keyboard and mouse) on my secondary monitor, on a separate and independent second-instance of the same game (e.g. Paladins, which is free to play and everyone can have their own account). 

This would be really cool!

In my example, a secondary IP and internet passthrough are completely necessary, but I know this can be achieved!

Some days ago we managed to play four instances of Halo 3 online (modded) on my pc, even connecting others laptop to the LAN. Seven players were connected to the game, on just 4 computers.

To be clear I'm not talking about splitscreen on a single game.

I know this would be much easier to buy more graphics cards and using something like UnRAID, but I really can't do this.

Also, I'm not asking for a solution different from what my needs are, I just want to know HOW I can do the thing we did with Halo 3 on any other game (not talking about Steam games, I know there would be much more problems).

Thanks for your attention, and sorry again for badly written periods.

I'm glad to answer any doubt about this mental trip of mine.

There is multipoint software like the one in windows server that lets you do this, but it isn't perfect and some programs have progrmas. But if you want to give it a shot just install windows server and add the multipoint role.

If you want 2 people to game, the best option is to just get anouther cheap gaming pc, get like a used desktop and a older gpu and it will work fine.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I can't afford to buy another pc.
Also, I would like to let as many people as possible to play on my pc (a reasonable number, of course).

Is there a program that can emulate the game as if it was loaded on another computer? something like Sandboxie, but more powerful and versatile.

I don't even know how much performance loss would be in this case. I'd really like to hear your thoughts about it.

3 hours ago, Gio1as said:

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I can't afford to buy another pc.
Also, I would like to let as many people as possible to play on my pc (a reasonable number, of course).

Is there a program that can emulate the game as if it was loaded on another computer? something like Sandboxie, but more powerful and versatile.

I don't even know how much performance loss would be in this case. I'd really like to hear your thoughts about it.

There is no way to do this well, but the best option is below

The best way is probably with multipoint software, give microsoft multipoint a shot. That way you can have multiple keyboards and mice and monitors and sessions on one systems. Pretty easy to setup, give it a go. Should work well on most systems, only thing you really need is usb hub for every user.

I'll try it as soon as possible and then let you and everyone else how it goes

FYI for Multipoint services, to enable RemoteFX (3d acceleration) as far as Nvidia cards it needs to be one that supports GRID. 

Pretty sure thats really only for their Tesla cards?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

You may be right.

I couldn't find anything that got me thinking my graphics card supports GRID.

I will try multipoint anyway, but I'm also trying to find other solutions.

99% sure you'll need a second GPU and you'd have to use some sort of hypervisor installed on the baremetal so you can assign USB controllers and PCI-E passthrough / IOMMU of graphics/sound adapters etc...to the VM's. Pretty sure in that case you'd need at least 2 GPU's (one for each VM) and the bigger issue is you'd need a 3rd for the hypervisor itself, normally on Intel you'd assign the iGPU iris graphics for this purpose....but ofc apart from the 2200G/2400G Ryzen doesnt have iGPU

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA