Vega Frontier Edition Problem

Go to solution Solved by Crunchy Dragon,
1 hour ago, SpriteTheMusicMan said:

As far as I can tell, its using OpenGl but in some Compatibility Profile(AMDs implementation of OpenGl??) . Despite multiple different drivers, both pro and gaming, the issue remains the same. For openGl is there some other piece of software i need to install in conjunction with the drivers?

If i cant find a fix i might add a small nvidia gpu to offset the Vega's problem with OpenGl 

@Crunchy Dragon

I don't think there should be anything extra you need for OpenGL. I wonder if it's just a bug with Vega Frontier and Minecraft...

If you can run it on an Nvidia GPU, that should work, provided you can get drivers set up without them conflicting.

I just got a AMD Vega Frontier Edition and so far it has ran great

Compared to the 1060 and and 970 I have had it gets almost double fps in most games

Except Minecraft

Minecraft gets massive fps drops when ever I chunk load now, standing still and rotating my vision has no affect on the graphics, but moving into a new chuck seems to drop my fps substantially but no significant rise in gpu load or cpu load

The Vega only tops out at about 30% and the I5-7500 at 60%

GPUz shows the card maxing out at  about 44 watts and 500mhz in minecraft but when I hop into Csgo it jumps to just over 200w at 1200mhz

Even tanking all the settings to min doesnt help at all.

Optifine only makes the problem worse

Attached Picture is of the F3 Screen of Minecraft

*****Now before I get comments about it****

I know I need a better cpu/mobo/etc.

I understand that the Vega FE isnt a gaming card. I use my pc of a lot of 3d rendering and cad work which this card loves to run just fine.

2018-10-18_20_44_48.thumb.png.6e7f902141d4b3308a3627e76bc4905b.png

What rendering system are you using to run Minecraft?

Also, the load isn't high on your card because Minecraft barely taxes the GPU until you throw on a texture pack and shaders.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Apparently I didnt know as much about minecraft as I had previous thought because I had no idea there were other rendering engines. 

At the moment everything is vanilla as adding any texture packs/mods, tanks even stationary fps to unplayable zones

I get the lack of gpu load in minecraft, but I would imagine something, either the cpu or gpu, would spike in accordance to the fps drop  but each remains constant

@Crunchy Dragon

4 minutes ago, SpriteTheMusicMan said:

Apparently I didnt know as much about minecraft as I had previous thought because I had no idea there were other rendering engines. 

At the moment everything is vanilla as adding any texture packs/mods, tanks even stationary fps to unplayable zones

I get the lack of gpu load in minecraft, but I would imagine something, either the cpu or gpu, would spike in accordance to the fps drop  but each remains constant

@Crunchy Dragon

I wonder if it's a driver problem. See if your card is using OpenGL to render, since that's what Minecraft uses. If you're not using that, you might have some kind of trouble with rendering.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

As far as I can tell, its using OpenGl but in some Compatibility Profile(AMDs implementation of OpenGl??) . Despite multiple different drivers, both pro and gaming, the issue remains the same. For openGl is there some other piece of software i need to install in conjunction with the drivers?

If i cant find a fix i might add a small nvidia gpu to offset the Vega's problem with OpenGl 

@Crunchy Dragon

1 hour ago, SpriteTheMusicMan said:

@Crunchy Dragon

I don't think there should be anything extra you need for OpenGL. I wonder if it's just a bug with Vega Frontier and Minecraft...

If you can run it on an Nvidia GPU, that should work, provided you can get drivers set up without them conflicting.