20 second phone charger

Not going to happen with Li-Po or Li-ion batteries, sory guys. TechRadar should pull their shit together. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

This method can't be good for the battery's longevity...

i'm pretty sure that the battery she has created was of a new material all together. I dont remember if i heard that of linus or some source on the internet but im sure it wasn't like lithium ion. So maybe other materials wouldn't be degraded which would be awesome

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

that seams a bit low as the phones take a 5v signal and turn it into 14+v so there will be heat created there and needs more amps.

still 690 amps at 14v is close to 10 000 watts... i can see some problems there...

btw a 0000 gauge wire can only transmit 300amps and that cable is more than 0.5"in in diameter.

Oh crap, I completely forgot to factor in voltage differences... Which brings up a good point, just crank up the voltage and that solves the wire size at least. Twice the voltage means half the MCM wire size needed.

Thread title is misleading. Get with the program. It's a battery capable of charging in 20 seconds, not a charger that charges any li-ion cell in 20 seconds. That would, as many have pointed out, be impossible or very dangerous.

Thread title is misleading. Get with the program. It's a battery capable of charging in 20 seconds, not a charger that charges any li-ion cell in 20 seconds. That would, as many have pointed out, be impossible or very dangerous.

It is a device that would allow smartphones in the future to charge in 20 seconds, not referring to current batteries, but it could potentially charge your phone in 20 seconds when the rest of the tech comes around.

Charging in 20 seconds in commercial would happen in at least 10 years later. Gotta stick to my RavPower chargers till then.

It is a device that would allow smartphones in the future to charge in 20 seconds, not referring to current batteries, but it could potentially charge your phone in 20 seconds when the rest of the tech comes around.

The device is technically a battery (super capacitor). I suspect that the people who wrote the article got confused.

basicly they have a capacitor in there instead/in conjunction with a battery.. the problem with caps is that they don't hold charge for nearly as long as a regular battery, it would be interesting to see their design.