No display

Snifferdog3
Go to solution Solved by Snifferdog3,

All fixed guys. It was the ram. When I went to put the ram in I put it in single channel. So 1st slot then 3rd slot had a stick in. Turns out it doesn't like that and it has to be in duel channel. So 1st slot and 2nd slot have sticks in. Thanks for the help :)

Hey guys. I just changed my CPU cooler but when I boot there is no display! Every thing turns on fine, all fans turn. There is a green led on Mobo and green led in GPU, Also gpu fans spin. Not sure what could have happened other than its a dead gpu or Mobo but I hope not! Please help!

Does your CPU post an error code on the motherboard?

Just now, Gritz said:

Does your CPU post an error code on the motherboard?

Nope just a green led. No codes. Although it does ocationally beep once when I boot but it always used to do that.

This could be a stupid question,

But have you checked all the connections, like hdmi etc, tried other monitors/cables.

Did you connect your monitor via the GPU or the motherboard?

If you have it connected to the GPU try moving it to the motherboard to use its iGPU and see if it anything happens. 

7 minutes ago, Gritz said:

This could be a stupid question,

But have you checked all the connections, like hdmi etc, tried other monitors/cables.

Well there definitely plugged in. They worked before. So I don't think it's the monitors.

7 minutes ago, DVA said:

Did you connect your monitor via the GPU or the motherboard?

If you have it connected to the GPU try moving it to the motherboard to use its iGPU and see if it anything happens. 

It's on the gpu ATM. I did try the motherboard one and still nothing... But my CPU doesn't have a iGPU I don't believe. It's a phenom ii x4 965be

2 minutes ago, Snifferdog3 said:

It's on the gpu ATM. I did try the motherboard one and still nothing... But my CPU doesn't have a iGPU I don't believe. It's a phenom ii x4 965be

Well if you have no posting error codes than it's something very simple here. Either you don't have the monitor plugged in correctly, maybe you don't have the correct input option selected on your monitor, it has to be something very simple...

31 minutes ago, DVA said:

Well if you have no posting error codes than it's something very simple here. Either you don't have the monitor plugged in correctly, maybe you don't have the correct input option selected on your monitor, it has to be something very simple...

It does sometimes make a beep when I boot. Not sure what beep code it is tho

12 minutes ago, Snifferdog3 said:

It does sometimes make a beep when I boot. Not sure what beep code it is tho

Try switching monitors...

All fixed guys. It was the ram. When I went to put the ram in I put it in single channel. So 1st slot then 3rd slot had a stick in. Turns out it doesn't like that and it has to be in duel channel. So 1st slot and 2nd slot have sticks in. Thanks for the help :)