ryzen 7 2700x or ryzen 5 2600x

Hey guys,

I wondered wether i shouds get a ryzen 2700x or a ryzen 5 2600x for an oc gtx 1070ti

I don't think I can give the best answer, but it might be useful for others who see this if you could tell us your budget and what you plan on using this build for.

What games?

If you want to go with AMD you might want to look into getting the 2600x and spending 100 more euros on the graphics card, as many games do not take advantage of extra cores. However you should probably do more research beside just listening to me.

I'm running a 2600 with a 1070.  Very happy with this setup.  If you are just gaming I doubt you could even tell the difference between 2600X and 2700X.  

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

1 hour ago, Reznik said:

I'm running a 2600 with a 1070.  Very happy with this setup.  If you are just gaming I doubt you could even tell the difference between 2600X and 2700X. 

If that's the case, then @Captain_Darkness, you might want to spend the left over money on an NVME SSD