Windows 10 update bricked my pc

LolipopAngel

Windows was slowing down while I was trying to play with my friends on Rainbow Six Siege. I decided to restart my pc, guessing it was a simple fix. I saw a Windows update was madatory on the restart, at this time my pc was delayed and not launching my game. So I though, 'whatever' did the update, 10 minutes later I get to windows and sign in. Then the screen is black exept the top left messsge saying "Personalized settings (not responding)" I tried everything, nothing worked. Now Im resetting windows.

I just want to say that, even if they say the update isnt being rolled out, it is. Don't update your pc, and if you do, backup your files first.

JPEG_20181012_193930.jpg

2 hours ago, LolipopAngel said:

Windows was slowing down while I was trying to play with my friends on Rainbow Six Siege. I decided to restart my pc, guessing it was a simple fix. I saw a Windows update was madatory on the restart, at this time my pc was delayed and not launching my game. So I though, 'whatever' did the update, 10 minutes later I get to windows and sign in. Then the screen is black exept the top left messsge saying "Personalized settings (not responding)" I tried everything, nothing worked. Now Im resetting windows.

I just want to say that, even if they say the update isnt being rolled out, it is. Don't update your pc, and if you do, backup your files first.

Looking at the picture, suggest that you have Windows 10 where you had a custom theme. Is that correct?

Windows 10 updates have bricked my Windows 10 OS twice before, and cause other significant problems at other time. It's always a risk when installing a new Windows 10 update since Microsoft has fired their testing engineer staff and now rely on Windows owners being the beta testers for their products. That's a reason why it's a good idea to disable Windows Update.

This guide shows how Windows Update can be disabled:

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Looks to be booting just fine.  Worst case scenario you'll have to reinstall the OS, but the computer is hardly bricked.  I also suspect you haven't lost any files.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.