Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cpu fan randomly ramps up.

HePe
 Share

When im playing specific games like fortnite or gta v, i experience the cpu fan ramping up for a few seconds and then coming back down. I have a corsair h80i gt. The temps never go over 45 according to hwmonitor. I've made my own fan curve yet it seems to not work (when it hits 50 C it should start to run at 35 %).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HePe said:

When im playing specific games like fortnite or gta v, i experience the cpu fan ramping up for a few seconds and then coming back down. I have a corsair h80i gt. The temps never go over 45 according to hwmonitor. I've made my own fan curve yet it seems to not work (when it hits 50 C it should start to run at 35 %).

when WHAT hits 50C? Your CPU Core temp, or your liquid temperature.

 

cuz if that's liquid temp, THAT IS REALLY HOT.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

 

 

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You made your own curve in Corsair link and that’s where the fans are plugged into or are they plugged into the mobo and you are using the boards software to create the profile?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer GD235hz 1920x1080@120hz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

You made your own curve in Corsair link and that’s where the fans are plugged into or are they plugged into the mobo and you are using the boards software to create the profile?

 i changed it in the bios

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

when WHAT hits 50C? Your CPU Core temp, or your liquid temperature.

 

cuz if that's liquid temp, THAT IS REALLY HOT.

Cpu core temp obviously

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HePe said:

Cpu core temp obviously

Why? You're not cooling the CPU, you're cooling the water... CPU temps can spike erratically, which is probably why your fan speeds jump every now and then.

 

connect your H80i fans to the connectors coming from the pump, and set your fan curve in corsair link so it follows the liquid temp instead of the CPU temp.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

 

 

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, HePe said:

 i changed it in the bios

So that’s answers half of what I asked. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 8700k, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-H, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB, EVGA 1080TI SC Black, EVGA 850 GQ, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz 

 

Spare RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 4770K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 32Gb, EVGA 1080sc & 1060 SSC, Corsair CX850M, Acer GD235hz 1920x1080@120hz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×