Gaming PC suggestions

apxdml

So I was recently gifted a couple of used GTX 780's. I was planning on putting them into my old gaming PC but after searching through my storage I believe I may have given it away so it looks like I will need to build a new one. I have plenty of monitors to use as well as mice and keyboards so all I really need is a case and all the other fixins to go along with it, minus the graphics card.

I dont get the opportunity to play games as much as I used to so this PC will be used on the weekends maybe once every couple of weeks or and I was hoping to spend no more than $500 dollars if at all possible but could use a little help putting one together since its been a while since my last build and looking at all the new gear that Im unfamiliar is a bit overwhelming at the moment. ?

The games I plan on playing are Rust, Ark, Battlefield, Civ, etc so anything that can handle all those would be great. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!❤️

That is what I came up with. Look more into the parts and see what you need. I have put together the list hastily so do your research before buying any of the components

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

15 minutes ago, Rex_G said:

That is what I came up with. Look more into the parts and see what you need. I have put together the list hastily so do your research before buying any of the components

I would say spring for ddr4 2666 at least with ryzen, but other than that this is what I'd recommend

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

24 minutes ago, apxdml said:

So I was recently gifted a couple of used GTX 780's. I was planning on putting them into my old gaming PC but after searching through my storage I believe I may have given it away so it looks like I will need to build a new one. I have plenty of monitors to use as well as mice and keyboards so all I really need is a case and all the other fixins to go along with it, minus the graphics card.

I dont get the opportunity to play games as much as I used to so this PC will be used on the weekends maybe once every couple of weeks or and I was hoping to spend no more than $500 dollars if at all possible but could use a little help putting one together since its been a while since my last build and looking at all the new gear that Im unfamiliar is a bit overwhelming at the moment. ?

The games I plan on playing are Rust, Ark, Battlefield, Civ, etc so anything that can handle all those would be great. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!❤️

I'd say a z68 board and a 2600k would be the way to go since ddr3 is still cheap, then you can get storage, psu, and case all new. Also I'd suggest repasting those 780's cause I'm sure they're due for one.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=z68+motherboard&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=p55+motherboard&LH_BIN=1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=2600k&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_sop=15

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADATA-16GB-8GBx2-DDR3-1600Mhz-Dual-Channel-DIMM-Memory-Kit-PC3-12800/352480400685?hash=item521178152d:g:3bkAAOSwpw5bu-T~:rk:17:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

OMG!

Thank you all so much!

High settings are not necessary.

I've been playing on a potato, (2014 MacBook pro), when I can and I've developed some really bad tendonitis in my right wrist from work the past two years so I can usually only play for a couple of hours before I have to start popping Ibuprofen to keep going which is no fun so this machine would just be for the occasional grind on the weekends. 

I think repasting is a great suggestion that I totally would not have thought of by the way so thank you for that suggestion!

In total, I was given 3 GTX 780s and 1 GTX 770. The 780s are ASUS Poseidons that were hooked up via SLI without the water-cooling initially which inevitably led to 1 or 2 overheating. The friend that gave them to me wasn't sure which cards were bad, he just knew 2 of the 4 were no good. Im hoping its the 770 and 1, 780 but I won't know until I start plugging them into the machine. ?

Im super grateful for all your time and help and appreciate the feedback!