Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

need a dual psu case for atx

aaws
 Share

ok so i dont have space for a 2nd psu in my old case and i need a new one any ideas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a 2nd PSU because I am running out of power when I try to overclock I legit run outta power I have 2 gtx 1070's in SLI and an 8086k (i am running a 1000w psu)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, you shure you are running out of power? Pascal doesnt hog that mich power. 

 

Edit: unless you are doing some sort of exotic cooling solution

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Um, you shure you are running out of power? Pascal doesnt hog that mich power. 

i am using a aftermarket card from Zotac the amp extreme

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

he doesn't know what hes talking about

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1000watt psu can drive 4 cards in a mining build

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok yo when i try running fire strike on 3dmark my pc just shuts down completely when my cpu is overclocked to 5.3ghz 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, aaws said:

i am using a aftermarket card from Zotac the amp extreme

I believe the max power draw any 1070 can do is about 250 watts without modding the actual card.

 

Im pretty shure you are running into some other bottleneck. Like motherboard throttling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

I believe the max power draw any 1070 can do is about 250 watts without modding the actual card.

 

Im pretty shure you are running into some other bottleneck. Like motherboard throttling

im running a asus maximus hero x 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, aaws said:

im running a asus maximus hero x 

They havent changed the VRM much on that motherboard as far as i know. Should be fine.

 

Instability perhaps. Are your stresstest including AVX?

 

Either that or the 1000 watt PSU is a poor quality one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aaws said:

im running a asus maximus hero x 

Doesn't mean that it won't break.

 

Why you need a case anyway. Just plug the damn thing from outside.

 

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

They havent changed the VRM much on that motherboard as far as i know. Should be fine.

 

Instability perhaps. Are your stresstest including AVX?

 

Either that or the 1000 watt PSU is a poor quality one

the psu is a raidmax 1000w 80+bronze

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Doesn't mean that it won't break.

 

Why you need a case anyway. Just plug the damn thing from outside.

 

look im trying to keep my setup clean ok not trying to make it look like linus's chiller

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, aaws said:

the psu is a raidmax 1000w 80+bronze

Any specific naming?

 

I dont have an overview of them but we might have found our culprit.

 

That or the VRM on the motherboard or unstable OC due silicon lottery (and maybe AVX)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

But Linus made an awesome chiller.

But if you really wanted dual psus you could test it with the second psu outside the case to see if it helps before buying a new case(assuming you have a spare psu) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, r4tch3t said:

But Linus made an awesome chiller. But if you really wanted dual psus you could test it with the second psu outside the case to see if it so help before buying a new case(assuming you have a spare psu) 

https://www.newegg.com/global/ae/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152066&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAEAdwords-Global-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAEAdwords-Global-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817152066&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6fvdBRCbARIsABGZ-vTBgZGNEWkNJAZM7pdh4SDAPXii8oTMeDO5JAXjgdZqv79vcCmFvpMaAmqmEALw_wcB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, r4tch3t said:

But Linus made an awesome chiller. But if you really wanted dual psus you could test it with the second psu outside the case to see if it so help before buying a new case(assuming you have a spare psu) 

i need a new case either way so ye

this is the case i hav right now http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/haf-912-advanced/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

But limiting it to one that can hold dual power supplies is, well, limiting. 

Personally if you could find one, a lian Li v2000 with the dual psu bracket would be my choice. I have a V2000b and am trying to find a dual psu bracket for it. 

 

Only case I can find so far is this

 

You can also mod a second supply into your case. 

 

But as others have mentioned, raid max isn't exactly a premium brand, they work well enough, but your using top end hardware, you need a top end psu like corsair and the like. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, r4tch3t said:

But limiting it to one that can hold dual power supplies is, well, limiting. 

Personally if you could find one, a lian Li v2000 with the dual psu bracket would be my choice. I have a V2000b and am trying to find a dual psu bracket for it. 

 

Only case I can find so far is this

 

You can also mod a second supply into your case. 

 

But as others have mentioned, raid max isn't exactly a premium brand, they work well enough, but your using top end hardware, you need a top end psu like corsair and the like. 

 

ye i do need a better one but the cost is a problem so might as well run 2 1000w raidmax psu's so ye they r pretty cheap and buying a different case would be cheaper

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

also 1 more thing need support for a 360mm rad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aaws said:

ye i do need a better one but the cost is a problem so might as well run 2 1000w raidmax psu's so ye they r pretty cheap and buying a different case would be cheaper

 

Id recommend selling your current PSU and getting a quality 850 watt or 1000 watt seasonic Focus gold Plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Id recommend selling your current PSU and getting a quality 850 watt or 1000 watt seasonic Focus gold Plus.

im not gonna get much for it here in dubai cuz they sell for 150dhs which is 40usd so ye

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aaws said:

also 1 more thing need support for a 360mm rad

Lian Li v2000 can hold 4 360 rads with modding. 

Also the issue isn't the amount of power rather how clean it is. Running at those speeds makes it very sensitive to ripple in the voltage. The raid max just can't provide a steady enough voltage for your cpu regardless of how much power it has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also remember you have spent multiple hundreds of dollars on the rest of your hardware but almost nothing on what feeds it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×