Ftp filezilla server

CroGamer12

So i have been trying to get my filezilla server working for quite a while now and i can get into the server within the local network but not outside of it (yes i have forwarded the ports and filezilla says it's connected but it says: 425 Can't open data connection for transfer of "/" ( the / is my desktop folder)

thank you for your help!

• 3 weeks later...

check your computers firewall to allow ftp:21 traffic,

Make sure that the directory is shared under the user and valid.

The problem you are seeing is due to the PASV port range not being open.  You can specify this in the FileZilla Server config, i would suggest using 45000 to 45100 then also forwarding those ports on your router to the FTP server.   Without FTP inspection (which residential routers won't do) it will have no way of opening the PASV FTP port ranges.

When you connect on Port 21, the FileZilla server will return with a list of PASV port ranges if you haven't specified these in the config it will be dynamic.  This doesn't work behind a NAT with firewall(s) that don't inspect FTP traffic.  So instead you will need to set the PASV port range manually then forward those ports also, this should sort it.   Also make sure the Windows Firewall allows for the PASV port range also.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

For the love of all that's holy, if you're not running an internal-only site, at least use SFTP if you can.

agree