Which PSU to buy for this build ?

Temuka

Hi guys,I'm building new pc now,looking psu for long time. I'm coming from 750w EVGA G2,wanted to take EVGA g3 1000w,but the net is full of people complaining about noise issues and my priority is quietness of pc,so very pity but I think g3 isn't good in terms of silence :( So the build looks like this:

MB Z390
9700k (planning to oc) or maybe 9900k if price difference will be 10-15% on amazon/ebay
1080ti/2070 (planning to oc)
2x8gb DDR 4
1 nvme m2 500gb
4TB HDD
1440p monitor + 1080p TV (hooked up to pc for youtube,movies etc)

There are sometimes deals on g3 like now for e.g 1000w unit is for 110$
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ3SFB3/?coliid=I3O9VT0JDK0USC&colid=3U506258XYEC1&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
but as I said before noise issues concerns me a lot...

So I came up with 2 other psu-s to choose,both are 850w units (since price for 650/750/850 is almost same I decided to take a 850 for a little future proof
Seasonic Focus Plus: https://www.amazon.com/Seasonic-SSR-850FX-Modular-Warranty-Compact/dp/B073H3ZZQZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539165484&sr=8-1&keywords=seasonic+focus+plus+850w+gold
CORSAIR RM850x v2 (2018 model) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079H5WNXN/?coliid=I1H8QLU1JBM8IJ&colid=3U506258XYEC1&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
As I have read,this seasonic model also has some kind of noise issues under idle/load so I don't know,maybe corsair will be good choice ?
So which one do you recommend from this two? Or maybe you have some other models to look for ? Thanks in advance

GPU - R9 390 Nitro   ///   CPU - Intel 3570K   ///   RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)   ///   HDD - 3TB + 1TB / SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB 
PSU - EVGA 750 G2   ///   Case - be quiet! - Silent Base 800   ///   Corsair A70 Cooler

Are you powering just a single GPU? In which case, a good 550-650W PSU is plenty for overclocking. You can reuse the G2, unless there's other reasons for changing it?

:)

9 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Are you powering just a single GPU? In which case, a good 550-650W PSU is plenty for overclocking. You can reuse the G2, unless there's other reasons for changing it?

I want big PSU,because less stress on capacitors>less heat>less noise etc and 650 is almost every time same in price with 750/850 so no-brainer here. My G2 steps in it's 4th year of usage and since I'm building much powerful rig than mine is,I decided to take fresh new PSU,I think that's not a bad idea ? ?

GPU - R9 390 Nitro   ///   CPU - Intel 3570K   ///   RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)   ///   HDD - 3TB + 1TB / SSD - Crucial MX100 256GB 
PSU - EVGA 750 G2   ///   Case - be quiet! - Silent Base 800   ///   Corsair A70 Cooler

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

There's a 550W version of the Corsair RM550x that's worth considering.

Yeah I know,but 550 is only 10$ cheaper than 850...

Just now, Temuka said:

Yeah I know,but 550 is only 10$ cheaper than 850...

But if you're not going to be utilizing the 850W version, there's not much use. In contrast, if you are going to be going utilizing the 850W version, it's the appropriate option.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

6 minutes ago, Temuka said:

I want big PSU,because less stress on capacitors>less heat>less noise etc and 650 is almost every time same in price with 750/850 so no-brainer here. My G2 steps in it's 4th year of usage and since I'm building much powerful rig than mine is,I decided to take fresh new PSU,I think that's not a bad idea ? ?

If you want a quiet PSU, get a quiet PSU, not a high wattage one. 

The high wattage G2s have 10 year warranties, and the G2 still performs well, it's fine. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

If you want a quiet PSU, get a quiet PSU, not a high wattage one. 

The high wattage G2 have 10 year warranties, and the G2 still performs well, it's fine. 

I don't live in US,I just shop from there :) Since I can't RMA if something happens,warranty is kinda pointless for me :)

and I have to give my old rig (r9 390,3570k,8gb ram) to my friend,so I want to be sure he has nice psu so there it goes my old g2

That's what I'm asking - quiet,new,quality psu

2 minutes ago, Temuka said:

I don't live in US,I just shop from there :) Since I can't RMA if something happens,warranty is kinda pointless for me :)

and I have to give my old rig (r9 390,3570k,8gb ram) to my friend,so I want to be sure he has nice psu so there it goes my old g2

That's what I'm asking - quiet,new,quality psu

Even if the warranty doesn't apply to you, it still gives a rough idea about how long you should use it. 

What country will you buy from? The pricing and availability vary by country, and so will the recommendations. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

Just now, seon123 said:

Even if the warranty doesn't apply to you, it still gives a rough idea about how long you should use it. 

What country will you buy from? The pricing and availability vary by country, and so will the recommendations. 

In my country choice in pc parts is very limited and even if you find something good,price will be 2x higher than on amazon/ebay since taxes etc...

I shop on amazon/ebay,sometimes on newegg also

1 minute ago, Temuka said:

In my country choice in pc parts is very limited and even if you find something good,price will be 2x higher than on amazon/ebay since taxes etc...

I shop on amazon/ebay,sometimes on newegg also

How about the Whisper M? Same platform as the RMx 2018, but it has multi rail, a better fan, and it's a little cheaper. It's also compatible with the cables on the RMx, so you'll easily be able to replace them. Shorter hold up time, though.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CZvZxr/bitfenix-whisper-m-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-bp-wg550umag-7fm

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

How about the Whisper M? Same platform as the RMx 2018, but it has multi rail, a better fan, and it's a little cheaper. It's also compatible with the cables on the RMx, so you'll easily be able to replace them. Shorter hold up time, though.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CZvZxr/bitfenix-whisper-m-550w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-bp-wg550umag-7fm

Never heard about that one to be honest

1 hour ago, Temuka said:

9700k (planning to oc) or maybe 9900k if price difference will be 10-15% on amazon/ebay

There aren't even reviews for that out yet and you are planning on building something with that?

Why??

Especially since nobody knows anything about the Power Consumption of that thing. But from the looks of it, that one should have had a TDP of 150W, maybe even more than that, when going from the older ones. Intel just redefined their TDP to exclude the Boost clock...

And there is also the Price, wich lists this thing at 500€ right now.

And its not available for another ~2 Weeks, the shops here list availability for the 25th of Ocober...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

There aren't even reviews for that out yet and you are planning on building something with that?

Why??

Especially since nobody knows anything about the Power Consumption of that thing. But from the looks of it, that one should have had a TDP of 150W, maybe even more than that, when going from the older ones. Intel just redefined their TDP to exclude the Boost clock...

And there is also the Price, wich lists this thing at 500€ right now.

And its not available for another ~2 Weeks, the shops here list availability for the 25th of Ocober...

For the last 7 years,have you ever seen that Intel's new cpu is worse than previous one ? Anyways there will be improvement and with same price,why not to go with new cpu ?

1 minute ago, Temuka said:

For the last 7 years,have you ever seen that Intel's new cpu is worse than previous one ? Anyways there will be improvement and with same price,why not to go with new cpu ?

For the last 7 years, have you ever seen some serious competition to Intels new CPU???
Have you ever seen Intel against the wall like right now??

Have you ever seen Intel forced to do anything in the last 10 years??

And why buy a piece of Hardware blind without waiting for the reviews?!

That's just stupid...

Especially since there will be Reviews out when its available, why not consider it then?

Why always trust a shady Company, that buys crappy, false Benchmarks and shows them on their website??

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

For the last 7 years, have you ever seen some serious competition to Intels new CPU???
Have you ever seen Intel against the wall like right now??

Have you ever seen Intel forced to do anything in the last 10 years??

And why buy a piece of Hardware blind without waiting for the reviews?!

That's just stupid...

Especially since there will be Reviews out when its available, why not consider it then?

Why always trust a shady Company, that buys crappy, false Benchmarks and shows them on their website??

First of all,this thread wasn't for discussing intel and it's cpu-s,you are spamming here

Second I'm building new pc and want to go with latest available tech

Without knowing the Power Consumption of the CPU, due to lack of reviews, its only a guessing game. 

I don't like guessing, so you have to wait for Reviews anyway :P

I've read a lot of reviews and watched videos,still can't decide which one to take. While Seasonic Focus+ supposed to be better in terms of quality it's in TIer 2 while corsair rmx is in Tier 1: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

My priority is silence,seasonic has hybrid mode also,while corsair seems to be more quiet ? Don't know which one to take...