Never seen this GPU

Mugenjynn
Go to solution Solved by Neo-revo,
8 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

Oh I get it now, sorry for my lack of understanding.

no problem,  it was kind of TMI and vague at the same time.

i only call a blower  style over compensating for lower performance  is cause 3 fans like your will cool off the heat sink faster and more evenly hopefully, but to the inside (hence needing better exhaust),   but if you added another fan to  'make more air exhaust through it (a blower),  physics of air don't allow air flow to be added or multiplied by adding additional cfm in this situation.  But say in a long, long tunnel,  you could space out fans along the distance to prevent backflow and encourage uniform movement in one way.

I’ve never seen this GPU, does it perform like a 1080 should? If it does, it matches my builds color a lot better so if it performs as good as the windforce I might switch.

78640FA0-4023-4221-BBC9-8373B877D8D7.png

It's because PNY is not very well known brand. I've seen a lot of PNY as pro like Quadro series.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

PNY make decent cards, but as it's a blower cooler it won't be the best cooled and definitely not the quietest card that you could get

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Its a blower cooler so unless youre doing a cramped itx build I wouldn't get it

I’m sorry but you need to elaborate I’m not too sharp

as the two before me said, pny mostly makes quadro's, i have two of their products and while they function completely fine their blower style cooling is pretty meh. unless you have a case with great airflow i suggest going with a different card.

Just now, supremedutchgamer said:

as the two before me said, pny mostly makes quadro's, i have two of their products and while they function completely fine their blower style cooling is pretty meh. unless you have a case with great airflow i suggest going with a different card.

My case is a h500i so airflow is ok I guess

1 minute ago, Mugenjynn said:

Blower style coolers don't cool the same way something like the windforce might. You'll find it getting significantly hotter in an ATX or MATX case rather than one of the two fan gpus.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

The card's cooling is not very good

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, Mugenjynn said:

My case is a h500i so airflow is ok I guess

It's not about getting guessing wether it's okay or not. Those GPU's are not cheap so you'll have to be very sure if the airflow is good or not.

Looks are not really important, the cooling solutions, they are first priorities. And blower styles are louder.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 minute ago, CTR640 said:

It's not about getting guessing wether it's okay or not. Those GPU's are not cheap so you'll have to be very sure if the airflow is good or not.

Looks are not really important, the cooling solutions, they are first priorities. And blower styles are louder.

Yeah and it seems like it’s not as good as the windforce so far and they are the same price for me . The answer seems fairly obvious

17 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

Yeah and it seems like it’s not as good as the windforce so far and they are the same price for me . The answer seems fairly obvious

blower style cards try and exhaust air out the back pcie bracket area,  they compensate the lowered performance (fans dont stack pressure wise in series, but may prevent backflow in some situations)  by having a turbine do the wind tunnel through the shroud covering the entire block, the exposed spiny bit suck air in from inside your case to blow out the back,

other cards with 2 or more  fans just exhaust hot air into the inside of your case and will cause poor performance in size restricted build and or poorly thought out airflow/case design

9 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

blower style cards try and exhaust air out the back pcie bracket area,  they compensate the lowered performance (fans dont stack pressure wise in series, but may prevent backflow in some situations)  by having a turbine do the wind tunnel through the shroud covering the entire block, the exposed spiny bit suck air in from inside your case to blow out the back,

other cards with 2 or more  fans just exhaust hot air into the inside of your case and will cause poor performance in size restricted build and or poorly thought out airflow/case design

Are you saying the windforce is bad for my build now? Since it has 3 fans??

no,   just the difference of the  fan type: the PNY is a blower-exhaust,   if you have enough  exhaust fans blowing out, your interior will be fine with the windforce

and possible reasons for going exhaust-blower instead of open air dissipation to the interior

2 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

no,   just the difference of the  fan type: the PNY is a blower-exhaust,   if you have enough  exhaust fans blowing out, your interior will be fine with the windforce

8 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

no problem,  it was kind of TMI and vague at the same time.

i only call a blower  style over compensating for lower performance  is cause 3 fans like your will cool off the heat sink faster and more evenly hopefully, but to the inside (hence needing better exhaust),   but if you added another fan to  'make more air exhaust through it (a blower),  physics of air don't allow air flow to be added or multiplied by adding additional cfm in this situation.  But say in a long, long tunnel,  you could space out fans along the distance to prevent backflow and encourage uniform movement in one way.