Video suggestion would love to see this

Kr1llbo

Hey all first time posting here, been a long time since I posted on a forum too.

Hopefully this is the correct place to post as I remember forums having many rules about posting and what not but here goes....

Long time follower of LTT, love checking out the videos each day and what not. What I would like to see though is a video surrounding long term use of the internet. Most of us have used the internet for many years and it is literally littered with old accounts, information about ourselves. Posts we made when we were a lot younger that might express views we no longer have or just perhaps worded in a non-adult way (420 no scope mlg rip press f to pay respects etc).

What I'd like to know and see Linus do is a way to clean up some of our old accounts/posts littered throughout google search and the internet. It'd also be interesting to see what the LTT finds about themselves could be quite a funny video. 

Anyhow it's good to be here and I hope others also deem it a notable suggestion.

P.S. I get super anxious about posting these days as with the majority of different personalities online I seem to get people who just want to troll or abuse me whenever I express opinions and it's rather discouraging, but then again that's just part of internet life I guess :)

What do you mean by cleaning them up some, you mean reviewing them ? If that so I doubt they would do that as there are hundreds/thousands of accounts and most of them are straight up garbage/not interesting.

Welcome to the forum tho. Nice to have you here.

Thanks for the welcome. I mean generally as the internet has been growing we all have been leaving our clutter on here. You can search for old handles and find posts on google that might be embarrassing or that will expose your personal information. I wondered if there was a way you could remove some of these things from google in a large sweeping way. The solution to the problem is to be very careful starting out in what you put online however we can't just go back in time.

The video would be more of an eye opener to some people just what you can find about yourself. I.e. when I search for my email address it shows up old passwords for compromised accounts... Posts I made when I was 11 etc.

Technically most things you post on sites such as Facebook or Instagram becomes their data to use for what they see fit. Same applies for most other sites on the internet.

Google can remove critical personal information such as SSN's, bank account numbers, or lewd/nude photos of you that have been uploaded without your consent upon request, but less critical information such as phone numbers or date of birth usually does not get removed since that information is typically available in public records.

Best thing to do is have some care about what you post in the future.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Thankfully there are no dodgy photos of me online (none that I know of). I see what you're saying, in any case I just thought it'd be an interesting video idea surrounding privacy/personal information :)