WTF IS THIS LANGUAGE

bigmouthbob1
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

Well, it wouldn't be a cipher if it was a language.

You could probably easily decode it though using normal decryption tricks, such as looking for repeating words and repeating letters within the same word, as well as where they are positioned and work from there.

Here's a clearer copy of the text for anyone wanting to try and solve it themselves.
image.png.6d88c987c181d1cb9ad882fb4f481962.png

This should help you get started
image.png.9ad0a4204317f466fa23bd67e99dc542.png

I've solved it below. DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE YOURSELF.

Spoiler

(Yes, I realised there is a mistake through most of this. It's corrected towards the end)

The yellow boxed word is most likely THE. This gives us quite a few characters to start with.
image.png.d5189bfd027ce4c514aa80e451a6ad61.png

(Edit: Noticed that some of the earlier pictures were missing here. Think they must have been deleted when I was moving the pics around to format. I've redone this pic just because it was a pretty big jump to the next step without it)

The TH_T word in the middle, appears to be missing the letter A to make the word THAT. This gives us another valuable vowel.

image.png.23bb1f5c0da1cab5cdd91fa545cdbd68.png

(Edit: Also redone this image as well as it was missing also)

Due to the frequency and location of the S-like symbol, I believe it to be an S. Then the double blue boxed letters at the end of the word are most likely L.
The JPOS like symbols down in the bottom right corner (orange boxed) we know start with TH, and likely ends in S, so the circle character is I to make the word THIS. This gives us another valuable vowel.

image.png.072b9a7fa94bcab5a87befecf823078e.png

(Note: The O shown in this image in "_ATOE__E" was a typo, it was meant to be an I but I didn't realise until later)

At this point the word in the top right is most likely "SEARCH", and the frequency of the character for R and its position in other words, as well as its frequency between the letters A and E support this theory.

Once we have the R at the start of the RA _ _ ITS word it's obvious that double character is B for RABBITS.

Realised I missed a few S's and A's....

image.png.d82ee4ddb704a524715ccbbadeabec15.png

The H _ L E S word appears to be HOLES, and it fits in to the theme of searching for rabbits, and the 3pm clock looking character appears regularly enough that it can be the letter O. Additionally since we already have A, I & E assigned, it must be O.

This then shows us that the I _ T O word must be INTO, which gives us the character for N.

image.png.0f180942eeebe4fadba33db598bdb226.png

The AN _ word in the bottom right is either AND or ANY, and given the location of the character frequently being located at the end of the words, it could still be either. But when we look at the first word in the sentence, _ I N _, as well as the R E A _, it is most likely FIND and READ, meaning the character is a D.

image.png.246b339892054e27f32a8e8b51aa9bbd.png

By now we can read a lot of the sentence, and it does start to make sense. We can also see that the _ ENT _ RE word is likely "VENTURE", which gives us our V and U. The character for V is also not repeated, so that adds weight to it being the seldom used V.

image.png.66e9843cb014ed0eeff7d36b58cf7a27.png

Now reading the _OU word 3/4 way down on the left hand side, it appears the slanted S symbol is Y to make the word YOU. This also means the bottom line is YOU ARE...

Since the same character (3/4 circle with dot) is repeated in the word _ RE _ ARED, it's the letter P for PREPARED.

Also I just realised the reason why I couldn't work out the _ATOEN_E word is because I missed the C at the end, and I typoed in an "O" where the "I" should have been.
This word should have been PATIENCE. No wonder I couldn't figure out what the heck word was _ATOEN_E :D

image.png.a9dc839b608d765fbe98a188db00acee.png

The SU _ _ ON word is likely SUMMON, and the letter M is likely to appear doubled up in the middle of a word like this, so we could have made this assumption earlier.

The _ NO _ word down the bottom left is likely KNOW.

image.png.faed6cb5e48829bb31ef1e4f6eab356e.png

This just leaves the _ ATES word in the sentence "The _ATES shall summon you."... All I can think it could be is the letter G, for The Gates shall summon you... Bill Gates...?

image.png.9d0829e4d80ecaa63f9a19320aa1e7d2.png

I found this pic online and it said to decipher but I have no idea what the language is. Any ideas will do

B899F735-4A00-4B09-92A7-A329D8890110.png

By "found online", you mean you've watched the latest Game Theory video?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well, it wouldn't be a cipher if it was a language.

You could probably easily decode it though using normal decryption tricks, such as looking for repeating words and repeating letters within the same word, as well as where they are positioned and work from there.

Here's a clearer copy of the text for anyone wanting to try and solve it themselves.
image.png.6d88c987c181d1cb9ad882fb4f481962.png

This should help you get started

I've solved it below. DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE THE PUZZLE YOURSELF.

Spoiler

(Yes, I realised there is a mistake through most of this. It's corrected towards the end)

The yellow boxed word is most likely THE. This gives us quite a few characters to start with.
image.png.d5189bfd027ce4c514aa80e451a6ad61.png

(Edit: Noticed that some of the earlier pictures were missing here. Think they must have been deleted when I was moving the pics around to format. I've redone this pic just because it was a pretty big jump to the next step without it)

The TH_T word in the middle, appears to be missing the letter A to make the word THAT. This gives us another valuable vowel.

image.png.23bb1f5c0da1cab5cdd91fa545cdbd68.png

(Edit: Also redone this image as well as it was missing also)

Due to the frequency and location of the S-like symbol, I believe it to be an S. Then the double blue boxed letters at the end of the word are most likely L.
The JPOS like symbols down in the bottom right corner (orange boxed) we know start with TH, and likely ends in S, so the circle character is I to make the word THIS. This gives us another valuable vowel.

image.png.072b9a7fa94bcab5a87befecf823078e.png

(Note: The O shown in this image in "_ATOE__E" was a typo, it was meant to be an I but I didn't realise until later)

At this point the word in the top right is most likely "SEARCH", and the frequency of the character for R and its position in other words, as well as its frequency between the letters A and E support this theory.

Once we have the R at the start of the RA _ _ ITS word it's obvious that double character is B for RABBITS.

Realised I missed a few S's and A's....

image.png.d82ee4ddb704a524715ccbbadeabec15.png

The H _ L E S word appears to be HOLES, and it fits in to the theme of searching for rabbits, and the 3pm clock looking character appears regularly enough that it can be the letter O. Additionally since we already have A, I & E assigned, it must be O.

This then shows us that the I _ T O word must be INTO, which gives us the character for N.

image.png.0f180942eeebe4fadba33db598bdb226.png

The AN _ word in the bottom right is either AND or ANY, and given the location of the character frequently being located at the end of the words, it could still be either. But when we look at the first word in the sentence, _ I N _, as well as the R E A _, it is most likely FIND and READ, meaning the character is a D.

image.png.246b339892054e27f32a8e8b51aa9bbd.png

By now we can read a lot of the sentence, and it does start to make sense. We can also see that the _ ENT _ RE word is likely "VENTURE", which gives us our V and U. The character for V is also not repeated, so that adds weight to it being the seldom used V.

image.png.66e9843cb014ed0eeff7d36b58cf7a27.png

Now reading the _OU word 3/4 way down on the left hand side, it appears the slanted S symbol is Y to make the word YOU. This also means the bottom line is YOU ARE...

Since the same character (3/4 circle with dot) is repeated in the word _ RE _ ARED, it's the letter P for PREPARED.

Also I just realised the reason why I couldn't work out the _ATOEN_E word is because I missed the C at the end, and I typoed in an "O" where the "I" should have been.
This word should have been PATIENCE. No wonder I couldn't figure out what the heck word was _ATOEN_E :D

image.png.a9dc839b608d765fbe98a188db00acee.png

The SU _ _ ON word is likely SUMMON, and the letter M is likely to appear doubled up in the middle of a word like this, so we could have made this assumption earlier.

The _ NO _ word down the bottom left is likely KNOW.

image.png.faed6cb5e48829bb31ef1e4f6eab356e.png

This just leaves the _ ATES word in the sentence "The _ATES shall summon you."... All I can think it could be is the letter G, for The Gates shall summon you... Bill Gates...?

image.png.9d0829e4d80ecaa63f9a19320aa1e7d2.png

Edited by Spotty
Added some missing images

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Interesting. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Reveal hidden contents

Impressive.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Might be one of Futurama's languages