Finally Upgraded! 2700X Build

pickaxe

Finally got around to upgrading!  Was still on my water cooled 8350 system, believe it or not!  Now, well....  :)  Let me know what you think  :)

Fractal Design Define R6 w/ Riser and USB-C front panel (Thanks JayzTwoCents for introducing me to this case!)

Asus Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)

Ryzen 7 2700X

32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200

Asus Strix GTX 1080ti

500GB 970 Evo m.2 boot SSD

1TB Sandisk SSD - Games

10TB BarraCuda Pro - NAS

RGB via Thermaltake TT Sync (Aura Sync)

Thermaltake Riing Plus 14 x 5

Thermaltake Pacific Lumi Plus strips

I still need to get cable combs, they look pretty rough ATM.  It's getting late, so I'm done for the night.  Too excited not to share, though.

And, before anyone asks, there is a reason I'm using the stock cooler.  I had a data scare about a month ago (Spouse accidental format of drive) and it got me worrying about what I would do if any of the tubing or radiators leaked.  I decided to move away from water in this build since I have so much personal stuff on the NAS.  I'm leaving the option open for a later date, with a possibility of building a separate machine for the NAS and using this for gaming/business.  For the time being, I'm not comfortable risking my business files and personal files and pictures/videos (Wife, Kids, Iraq ect...)

---Question---  Has anyone found a decent way of extending the psu shroud to fill the void created when you move the hard drive wall back?  I'd like to leave the infamous Heisenberg in the case, but he needs a permanent home.  In these pictures, I just tossed a black cardboard box in the void, but it's not stable and feels wrong in so many ways.  lol.  Any ideas would be great!

IMG_20181004_231005.jpg

IMG_20181004_232659.jpg

IMG_20181004_231859.jpg

IMG_20181004_235214.jpg

If you don't want to water cool, but want about the same cooling performance, get a noctua air cooler.

Or get deepcool gammax gt rgb  and slap some tt fans to it. 

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

11 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you don't want to water cool, but want about the same cooling performance, get a noctua air cooler.

Or get deepcool gammax gt rgb  and slap some tt fans to it. 

I thought about it, but I was actually quite surprised by the temps on this stock cooler.  Decided to keep it since it's free and is doing a pretty darn good job!  I've got a few coolers in my closet, but after testing the stock, I didn't really see a point in swapping it out.  Plus, it looks pretty cool, too!  Lol.  Got the fan on red pulse, looks like the heart of the computer.

How are your temps?

Pretty sweet build btw ❤️

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I tested a bit with overclocking, but didn't really see any improvement.  Being on air I didn't want to push it any higher than 4.0, which bumped my cinebench score a little bit, but FPS in games was roughly the same as stock, so I returned it to stock.  It's doing way better than I need it to, as I'm currently gaming at 4k 60htz.  Here's the benchmark results from DiRT Rally on 4k ultra settings.  I'm very happy.

IMG_20181004_153027.jpg

Did I read this right.  You are using a single 10TB drive as your storage solution for valuable data?  If so, you are risking losing it all regardless of water cooling or not.

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay

5 hours ago, Xplo1t said:

Did I read this right.  You are using a single 10TB drive as your storage solution for valuable data?  If so, you are risking losing it all regardless of water cooling or not.

I have physical backups, as well as cloud backups, but I also do not want to lose my $366 (current price) hard drive, or any of my other components.  I plan on getting another 10TB drive soon for backups as well.  I've got a few sets of backups on drives sitting on my book shelf, and all of my business stuff is also on the cloud.  Can't have enough backups.  Also, not very likely that this drive is just gonna fail on its own only 1 year into its life and designed for 24/7 operation.

Having backups doesn't mean that I want to have to use them anytime soon.  No fun.