is this still not fixed? really?

Ashleyyyy

so i've had this problem for probably a year now, maybe even longer...

if i open up search on my second display, and then click outside of search to close it, about half of the time my taskbar will dissapear and then come back.

this issue has remained through multiple reinstalls of Windows, multiple motherboard, gpu and monitor configurations.

am i just the only one with this problem? it really dissapoints me that this still hasn't been fixed in 1809... 

She/Her

My LG monitors came with software that fixed that issue for me. I would check if your monitors have any drivers or software. And I like your profile picture

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

image.png.5b6d4e821049619845cc32aeb87a36aa.png

Oh shoot... this whole time I thought you guys were the same person. I need to stop identifying people only by their pfps....

Also yeah, that and search STILL being awful.... sigh.

This is Microsoft. Stuff gets added, but rarely fixed. Diagonal screen tearing and forced Vsync on laptops running Nvidia Optimus configurations still isn't fixed, and this was an issue introduced with Windows 10 all the way back in 2014.

Nvidia points the finger at Microsoft, Microsoft points the finger at Nvidia. Users are screwed.

So now I own a laptop with an AMD GPU (R7-2700U + Vega 10), and all is right with the world.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

Just now, King Poet said:

Oh shoot... this whole time I thought you guys were the same person. I need to stop identifying people only by their pfps....

even then. the car in his screenshot is real. mine is a screenshot from a game... 

Just now, Emberstone said:

This is Microsoft. Stuff gets added, but rarely fixed.

or removed. rip snipping tool... 

Annotation.png.41154a51aee4db5798c474caad4a5e0c.png

She/Her

Just now, King Poet said:

Also yeah, that and search STILL being awful.... sigh.

i don't understand this one either. spotlight in macOS is SO much better than Windows search... 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

i don't understand this one either. spotlight in macOS is SO much better than Windows search... 

The first two iterations of 10 weren't bad, then I think like 1511 or 1607 is where they ruined it. It's so, so bad. And yeah... pretty enraged about snipping tool.

pfff just discovered another bug. i opened up search to test something and as soon as i started typing search moved to my primary display covering up a fullscreen youtube video.

how broken can microsoft make software?

She/Her

18 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

so i've had this problem for probably a year now, maybe even longer...

if i open up search on my second display, and then click outside of search to close it, about half of the time my taskbar will dissapear and then come back.

this issue has remained through multiple reinstalls of Windows, multiple motherboard, gpu and monitor configurations.

am i just the only one with this problem? it really dissapoints me that this still hasn't been fixed in 1809... 

I have other problem with multi monitor taskbar behaviour, but I'm used to it. Every program (Windows included) has bugs. And asking Microsoft for fixing bugs is pointless. They're too big and we're too small, so I don't even try. :/