Xbox One PSU fan made noise. now it won't turn on.

Welp, turns out the xbox one power supply has a nasty habit of not showing when it is absolutely filled with dust. I eventually noticed the fan making a god awful noise and went to work cleaning it from the outside using pipe cleaners, but the fan was still making quite the racket. I took it apart and it looked like the fan's lubricant had been replaced with dust. Compressed air got some out but not enough and the fan still made noise so I started totally powering the console off and unplugging it when it wasn't in use (with always on mode enabled it still made a huge racket and it made me worry for the condition of the power supply).

Now though my xbox one won't turn on and the light on the power supply stays yellow. If it helps, the fan started making awful grinding noises when it was fully powering down. Could this be because of the fan, or might it be that the xbox was unplugged during an update and now it's bricked? 

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Highly, highly doubt it's the fan that's making it not turn on. I'd still replace it, but see if there's a way to do a hard reset on the console.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Its sounds busted, But i had a vary similar issue that after buying a replacement PSU turned out to be bad wall power.

I live in nashville and the power out of the wall hear can be so bad that with ther right equipment you can straight up here country music paly over power the lines.

20 hours ago, thelarelleatwar said:

Its sounds busted, But i had a vary similar issue that after buying a replacement PSU turned out to be bad wall power.

I live in nashville and the power out of the wall hear can be so bad that with ther right equipment you can straight up here country music paly over power the lines.

The wall power here in San Diego has always been pretty reliable, even with all the stuff plugged into this outlet (TV, printer, router, modem) and it has the same problem whether it's on the surge protector or straight into the wall. 

I'm inclined to think that the problem is the power supply because even if the xbox had bricked it would probably show some kind of message on the screen or at least try to power on, but you hit that capacitive button and nothing happens. Same story with plugging in a controller and trying to use that to turn it on. I might have to contact customer support on this one.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)