Fans to molex to power supply ?

Hi Guys Hope your well :)
Go to solution Solved by dj_ripcord,

You will need an adapter for the fans to be powered directly off the PSU. Perfectly safe. https://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-Molex-Connector-Connection/dp/B004CLDSRU/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1538094792&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=molex+to+4+pin+fan&psc=1&smid=A3GO5VFCNOM5I7

However the fans plugged into this will run at 100% all the time. Which can be loud. So use the motherboard headers if possible, they are usually PWM and will automatically control fan speed based on temperature.

Hi guys , I have been wondering for the past couple of hours what to do as i am moving all my parts from one case to another . My fans in my computer right now are connected to the motherboard on the headers . As iam biulding a pc I have been watching videos on how to do so , and the guy who was building the pc connected his fans to this molex connecter Via the power supply . To do this do you need an molex adapter for your 3-4 pin fans or do you just plug the fans into the molex connecter which comes out of the psu ? ( I am learning about pcs !) 

You will need an adapter for the fans to be powered directly off the PSU. Perfectly safe. https://www.amazon.com/Phobya-4-Pin-Molex-Connector-Connection/dp/B004CLDSRU/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1538094792&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=molex+to+4+pin+fan&psc=1&smid=A3GO5VFCNOM5I7

However the fans plugged into this will run at 100% all the time. Which can be loud. So use the motherboard headers if possible, they are usually PWM and will automatically control fan speed based on temperature.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

So I will need that adapter to plug into my fan then plug the molex into the psu molex which comes from the power supply ? Right ?

I remember when everyone was looking for molex to 3 pin adapters because all of the fans had a molex connector

Nb3LMvU.jpg

how tables have turned

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 hour ago, Hi Guys Hope your well :) said:

Any adapters for using your fan headers on motherboard ?

They plug right in without adapters. People usually plug fans into the psu using molex adapters when there aren't other fan headers available.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There are a ton of fan knobs like old days that , correct me if i'm wrong, you put fan to that header and power the header via psu

https://www.amazon.com/PerryLee-Multi-Fan-Controller-Connector-Computer/dp/B01LENOHL4

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.