Corsair Link | 2nd fan isn't being controlled.

Hello guys, 

Have a Corsair H100i v2 AIO cooling with replaced Noctua NF-A12 PWM fans (2000rpm).

Can't figure out why 2nd fan isn't being controlled by Link. It has default 960RPM~ and its revolutions aint changing at all.

I guess it could be related to the 2nd 3-pin output, but anyways, two fans should be working simultaneously.

Any thoughts?

Untitled.png

If I remember correctly my Kraken X61 had a four pin Y cable that connected both of it's fans to a single four pin that connected to the block. If there is a Y cable, did you plug both fans into that and the end of it to the block or maybe did you plug the fans in different headers? Never had a Corsair AIO so not entirely sure how it's wired but just recheck your connections and make sure the fans are on the correct headers, that's all that I can think of that could be causing it.

Yeah. This is a Y connector - 4pin and 3pin. I tried so many options, and I still can't understand why the 1st fan is 2000rpm under 100% load and 2nd is just 960...

1 minute ago, pakhtunov said:

Yeah. This is a Y connector. I try so many options, and I still can't understand why the 1st fan is 2000rpm under 100% load and 2nd is just 960...

Swap both plugs of the fans with each other and see if the first fan goes to 960 and the second goes to 2000, if that happens then maybe your Y cable is broken? If that doesn't change anything try taking off the Y cable and plug the second fan directly into the block, It could be that the fan is broken.

Don't worry, your fan isn't broken or malfunctioning, this is just one of the hundreds of problems that program has.

2000 RPM is quite high considering you have that cooler, if you want to control it get rid of that Y cable and plug the fans directly into the mobo headers, then go into the BIOS setup to set the speed and that's it, you could also get rid of the usb pump cable, it's pretty much useless except if you want to have a liquid temp reading in AIDA or some other monitoring program

also try mounting the rad in the front of the case if it fits, push config, just to improve temps a bit and be able to run the fans at lower speeds

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

19 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Don't worry, your fan isn't broken or malfunctioning, this is just one of the hundreds of problems that program has.

2000 RPM is quite high considering you have that cooler, if you want to control it get rid of that Y cable and plug the fans directly into the mobo headers, then go into the BIOS setup to set the speed and that's it, you could also get rid of the usb pump cable, it's pretty much useless except if you want to have a liquid temp reading in AIDA or some other monitoring program

also try mounting the rad in the front of the case if it fits, push config, just to improve temps a bit and be able to run the fans at lower speeds

Oh rip, never had a corsair AIO so never used their software, the more you know lol.

42 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Did exactly like u said, just used the Y cable from Noctua, plugged it in CPU 4-pin mobo header and set 2.25/C in BIOS. Feel pretty relieved. But anyways, 2nd fan still has the lower rpm.

2 hours ago, ArcticWolf_11 said:

my Kraken X61

NZXT CAM has hundred problems as well..

16 minutes ago, pakhtunov said:

NZXT CAM has hundred problems as well..

I've never had a problem with it, so like with everything, it depends. :S

12 minutes ago, ArcticWolf_11 said:

lucky:P

14 hours ago, ArcticWolf_11 said:

lucky:P

Find out that the previous Corsair fans have 3-pin connectors unlike of PWM 4-pin Noctua. May be this is the case.. Gonna test it later..

7 minutes ago, pakhtunov said:

Find out that the previous Corsair fans have 3-pin connectors unlike of PWM 4-pin Noctua. May be this is the case.. Gonna test it later..

The H100i v2 has 4-pin fans. The Y-splitter has one that is 4-pin that reports the rpm back to the pump and another that doesn't have the rpm sensor but stll transmits the PWM signal.

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

The H100i v2 has 4-pin fans. The Y-splitter has one that is 4-pin that reports the rpm back to the pump and another that doesn't have the rpm sensor but stll transmits the PWM signal.

Nope. Two SP120L 3-PIN fans.

IMG-20180927-WA0027.jpg

7 minutes ago, pakhtunov said:

Nope. Two SP120L 3-PIN fans.

Well then, you've either misplaced your original fans, or you don't have a H100i v2.

The corsair website says they are PWM fans, which has to be a 4-pin layout.

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series™-H100i-v2-Extreme-Performance-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060025-WW

ADVANCED SP120L PWM FANS

Our custom-designed SP120L fans are different than standard case fans – they’re custom-designed to deliver high static pressure for mounting directly against radiators, and the fan blades are specially shaped for maximum air delivery with minimum noise. Since they’re PWM controlled, you can customize the fan speed to choose the optimal point on the performance/noise curve.

https://www.xtremegaminerd.com/corsair-h100i-v2-review/

You can see in the photo it is clearly a four pin fan.

Inside-Box.png?resize=900%2C612

Also, mine has 2 4-pin PWM fans.

19 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Picture, for the sake of arguement.

20180927_170731.thumb.jpg.2be6d2782cf1b56c2e0f43d1d005da33.jpg

I believe they must've been 4-pin. Got mine v2 as a replacement for old GTX. Ordered from the official USA store. Anyway, stock fans had no issues with control.

Finally. Pump connected to molex, two Noctua fans to CPU headers on mobo. Speedfan installed. The problem has been solved. 

Untitled.png