Ryzen 2700X or the i7 8700k

ST123

I know there is a little difference between these 2 CPUs but which has the edge for applications such as Solidworks, Hyperworks etc.

1 minute ago, ST123 said:

I know there is a little difference between these 2 CPUs but which has the edge for applications such as Solidworks, Hyperworks etc.

In this case I would say that the octocore 2700x is the superior CPU.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

The 2700X definitely has the edge for that kind of work. If you wanted to stick with Intel, then it would be better to wait for their 9th gen chips.

When is the release?

SOLIDWORKS can't do much with more than 2 cores afaik. You'll benefit more from the i7's better IPC. No idea about Hyperworks. Rendering though will scale with more available cores, you'd still be better off with CUDA cores on a GPU if the renderer supports it.

Edit: see here for more detailed information https://www.cadtek.com/solidworks-use-multiple-cores/

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

If you're going to multitask, then get the Ryzen.  The 8 cores allow you to have as many apps open as you want.

If you dont have a tabzilla lifestyle then you can get the Intel one i guess