what would it take to run all games at 4k, Max setting at 144fps?

saif96

so lets say money wasn't an issue and some guy wanted to build an ultimate pc that can run ALL games 4K, HDR, MAX graphics, Anti-aliasing at 144fps with his PG27UQ monitor, what would his pc spec have to be to achieve what he was looking for?

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Nothing that currently exists 

i dont know i do think its possible, since the new GPU's are optimized for 4K i do think if you pair up both 2080ti NvLink and OC while watercooling it could work but im not sorten 100% on this

9 minutes ago, saif96 said:

i dont know i do think its possible, since the new GPU's are optimized for 4K i do think if you pair up both 2080ti NvLink and OC while watercooling it could work but im not sorten 100% on this

No, I don't think that would work in new titles. The hardware simply isn't powerful enough. Also, SLI scaling is still trash in most games. Same goes for multicore/thread preformance. Maybe in a few years, but right now reaching 60fps at 4k is a major challenge for most PCs, even high end ones. Sure, maybe with a liquid nitrogen-cooled i7 8086K and two liquid nitrogen-cooled 2080ti's, you could get close, but that's stupid, and highly un-usable. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

19 minutes ago, saif96 said:

so lets say money wasn't an issue and some guy wanted to build an ultimate pc that can run ALL games 4K, HDR, MAX graphics, Anti-aliasing at 144fps with his PG27UQ monitor, what would his pc spec have to be to achieve what he was looking for?

17 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Nothing that currently exists 

13 minutes ago, saif96 said:

Possible? Sure. Now? Nope, we're not even remotely close to having a unified graphical architecture with decent developer support that "just works" across multiple platforms or series of cards. To be clear, we have the know-how to make this happen, but are waiting on the hardware to support 4K above 60fps (45fps if we're being real here) on common titles, as well as a unified graphics API that runs on all video cards across multiple platforms and languages.

Such software support is do-able, but manufacturers don't want to make it happen because it would prevent the need for purchasing new hardware as often as we already do, and would allow their competitors to share their technology, potentially improving it as a collective instead of one manufacturer at a time, and we can't have that. No way.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

We'd need better coded games

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

3 hours ago, saif96 said:

Nothing exists for single card for this generation or next generation that will have that type of horse power.

Remember that 1080p to 4k (3840x2160) is exactly 4x Supersampling Antialiasing.  Just going from 1080p to 1440p is a 77% increase in pixels.  1080p to 4k is just massive (4x as many pixels).