Corsair SPEC-02 - more fans needed?

Max Cheung

My friend is getting the Corsair SPEC-02 case, but he is not sure if the 2 120mms are enough for adequate airflow in the case. Should he buy more case fans?

I always max out the fan count in my case and use noctua fans cause they will be quiet compared to the current fans and push more at the lower sound level.

We need more information, what's your friend's system specs? For example, if they're using a low-heat CPU such as an i3-8100 or a Ryzen 3, no additional fans are needed.

It's always good practise to use all the available fan slots for the most optimal airflow and subsequent temperature decreases.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

It's always good practise to use all the available fan slots for the most optimal airflow and subsequent temperature decreases.

Ok time to buy 11 fans for my matx case. The pc at that point would contain more fans than other internals.  /s

Yeah in the most basic cases it is a good idea.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

24 minutes ago, Max Cheung said:

My friend is getting the Corsair SPEC-02 case, but he is not sure if the 2 120mms are enough for adequate airflow in the case. Should he buy more case fans?

I'd probably just add one fan to the back as exhaust.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, seoz said:

We need more information, what's your friend's system specs? For example, if they're using a low-heat CPU such as an i3-8100 or a Ryzen 3, no additional fans are needed.

He is using a 8700K with a Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, Max Cheung said:

He is using a 8700K with a Noctua NH-D15

In that case, I'd recommend some more fans. The NH-D15 is an exceptionally good cooler but some more fans will improve it even further.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches