144hz monitor not displaying 144hz??

HDarmon

So I've recently purchased a new monitor, and when changing between 60hz and 144hz in windows settings I couldn't notice any difference.

At first I thought it was just me not really noticing it, however after checking the monitor settings I noticed that even though it's set to 144hz the monitor is only displaying 62hz (see photos).

Just wondering if anyone could offer any help in troubleshooting the issue, thanks in advance.

Also apologies if this is in the wrong place, it's my first time posting here.

_20180922_191458.JPG

_20180922_191417.JPG

What cables are you using in combination with what GPU?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

^ And in your monitors settings (the menu built into the monitor), are you set to display 144hz?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I'm using display port and a 1080.

I thought I'd looked through all the monitor settings and couldn't find anything, let me just check the manual again.

3 minutes ago, HDarmon said:

I'm using display port and a 1080.

I thought I'd looked through all the monitor settings and couldn't find anything, let me just check the manual again.

Check through Nvidia control panel and try adjusting the refresh rate from there

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I've just tried switching to hdmi (it supports 120hz over hdmi) and the monitor is now saying it's at 120hz. Perhaps the included displayport was faulty??