I need help with a $4000 build.

Hey guys, I am planning out a build that should be completed by next summer,  but I am torn when it comes to which CPU and Mobo to get. I want to be able to play games at upwards of a hundred frames while streaming and edit video too, so I need a good mix of cores and clock speeds, but if it gives me much better performance for streaming and editing I'll take it. I'm deciding on getting 2 1080tis in SLI unless the 2080 drops in price. If anyone could inform me of a CPU $900 or below that gives good gaming and streaming/video editing performance, along with a good Mobo, then I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Here is my PC Part Picker list of my hardware besides the CPU and Mobo. I already have two ssds and windows 10 :https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qY9v29

ask around 1-2 weeks before you're gonna build it instead of asking a year before, prices and availability will change so much that anything we send you now will be irrelevant by then.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

you didn't permalink, I thought you were trolling because I saw a pentium pop up right away from my last build on PCpartpicker.

@Herman Mcpootisis right, prices change so frequently. I estimate the best CPU/GPU when you get around to building will be the core i9 9900k, and the 2080 ti, both of which fit into your budget. There will be higher capacity SSDs possibly, which will read and write faster, and who knows what the motherboards will look like.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

First thing, fix your link. At any rate, for under 900, you should probably go with a Ryzen 2700x, top of the line X470 motherboard (Asus Crosshair Hero for example). Then invest in a sufficient CPU cooler that will allow you to overclock nicely. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

1 minute ago, Airdragonz said:

First thing, fix your link. At any rate, for under 900, you should probably go with a Ryzen 2700x, top of the line X470 motherboard (Asus Crosshair Hero for example). Then invest in a sufficient CPU cooler that will allow you to overclock nicely. 

Why hold back with ryzen for that price point? in gaming he should get an 8086k and a triple rad to OC with it. better for the high refresh rate target

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Why hold back with ryzen for that price point? in gaming he should get an 8086k and a triple rad to OC with it. better for the high refresh rate target

He's streaming and editing video too, so the extra 2 cores will probably give him some benefit. An overclocked 2700x paired with dual 1080ti's should still be more than enough to get 100+ fps in games. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

1 minute ago, Airdragonz said:

He's streaming and editing video too, so the extra 2 cores will probably give him some benefit. An overclocked 2700x paired with dual 1080ti's should still be more than enough to get 100+ fps in games. 

Ideally zen 2 closes the performance gap with the process shrink, so maybe AM4 is a worthwhile gamble towards ultimate performance.

Primary PC:

split the budget by two and spend the other 2k on your next build 4 years from now i guess...