Bulk Software Licensing costs

Big Head Tech

So I am looking into turning my side work into an LLC as I have enough deductions to make it worth it.  One issue I run into is, while I don't charge for Windows on top of the price, I am using grey methods at the moment to remain competitive, especially when you deal a ton in the 400-600 dollar price point.  I work for a Cyber Security firm and we have partners that are Microsoft Partners.  Before I approach them I have 2 questions.  Generally what does MS Charge if say I become a MS Partner and the other question is, can those keys be used on systems that will be sold.

I know it gets cheaper the more lisence that you buy. I would suggest looking at their enterprise website .

2 minutes ago, cflanders said:

I know it gets cheaper the more lisence that you buy. I would suggest looking at their enterprise website .

Well, it would be in small quantities, 1-5 at a time.  Would it make sense to become a partner or contact an MSP/VAR?  Also any input on my latter question?

19 hours ago, Snaeb said:

Well, it would be in small quantities, 1-5 at a time.  Would it make sense to become a partner or contact an MSP/VAR?  Also any input on my latter question?

You are going to be buying OEM licenses. Not really bulk as those are 100+ licenses at once (aimed for medium to big business etc. or companies selling services to bigger business). OEM licenses are meant for system builders. By reading Microsoft's site (you should too, its all explained there), your thing is too small to benefit from buying directly from Microsoft, they will most likely guide you to partner selling System Builder OEM licenses. Consider prices being tad lower than what they are on Amazon or other legit resellers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv