NVidia is selling different RTX chip packages - Binning evolved

Tech Enthusiast
7 hours ago, MMKing said:

But i'm very very much against the apparent secrecy involved. If Nvidia wants to sell 2-3 different kinds of 2070, 2080 and 2080Ti. Their marketing material should explicitly mention this, and properly inform the customer.

What secrecy? This isnt stuff the consumer would normally be aware of anyway. 

The marketing is on the AIB partner since they are the ones that list their own specs. NVIDIA are responsible for their own first party cards, everyone else is responsible for theirs

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I see nothing inherently wrong with Nvidia or the partners being able to sell different brackets.

This one is cheap and can't OC very well, but cheaper as a result.

This one is in the middle and not bad.

This is the extreme deluxe platinum ultra ultimate performance package (Nvidia Marketing team: that will bleep your bleep while it overclocks.)

etc. Just allows the customer to make a more informed purchase, does it not?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Does this mean anything for GPUBoost?

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

1 hour ago, Alexp10v2 said:

Does this mean anything for GPUBoost?

Just like before, better chips will boost higher.

That is about it. As far as the news itself impacting GPUBoost: no impact at all.

In the future consumers will just know what they buy in advance and not be subject to luck or bad luck.

Maybe board partners can offer cheaper GPUs that won't have factory OCing and will boost lower, but that is uncertain, though likely.

I'm cool with this if it means kingpin/other brands flagship cards actually overclock better again on chilled water and not just ln2.