Should I get No mans Sky?

Maikiki
Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

It's been on sale for 50-60% off several times, and then it's a pretty solid deal. Just set an alert for price drops.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/nomanssky/history/

Apparently, they made no man's sky good, so I was thinking I might get it. Is it worth the price, or should I spend my money on something else... 

For $5 maybe

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

No Man's what, again?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Yep, not worth it...

might as well spend money on keys and crates, maybe i can get a cool skin....

I think it is a great way to pass the tie and it is SO much better than it was. The new update added so much though I still don't thinks it's worth shelling out a whole $60 on, though its close. I would say to buy it if it's on sale. A while back I got a copy on Amazon with prime for 25 bucks (that was before it was good though).

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

since the most recent update I would say yes

just taking off flying through the clouds to space then coming back and landing again is worth the price lol

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun at first. But for me, the novelty soon wore off! The basic idea of the game is just so cool, but the endless mining and the feeling of endless travelling with no real purpose is just so sad and a missed oppurtunity. I would buy it for £5 and no more haha. Multiplayer adds a new dimension but along with that update came a load of bugs too which made it hard to play. I will be selling my copy this week that's for sure haha

CPU: i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz || MoBo: Asus H81M-C || RAM: 16gb Kingston HyperX Blue || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || GPU: Palit GTX 1050 || PSU: Can't remember exactly but know it meets the needs of my components || Case: White Falcon Case || SSD: Kingston 120GB || Storage: WD Blue 1TB

I've bought it and had a bit of fun with it. Played about 30 hours alone, then a friend joined me and we played another 30 hours together. But it gets repetitive and somewhat annoying. You always need more and more carbon, ferrite, rare metals, etc etc etc... If you don't like that sort of games, this is probably not for you. I personally like them and find it relaxing. (Of course, you can always just straight up buy most of the base elements for cheap when you get the cash for it later on, so that's cool)

The multiplayer is also... Well... Buggy and pointless most of the time. You can assist another player to build a base, but you'll never be able to interact with it, you'll always just be a "guest", meaning no Teleporter access, no Storage access, no nothing. 

Quests are not shared between players either, so you can't just run around together killing Sentinels or whatever together to rake up the numbers quickly.
At most, you can just share items to each others and have someone to talk to while playing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro