why doesn't LMG review laptops that are a bit more practical?

Ashleyyyy

almost every laptop review on LMG has been one of three things. either cheap stuff which is cool but not useful for a day to day laptop usually because of the low specs, ultrabooks or high powered gaming machines. 

why doesn't LMG review more practical laptops. i'm talking about laptops with a bunch of I/O, good battery life, good keyboard but no crazy high powered gpu. just a decent cpu. and no gamer looks. 

is it because there aren't a lot of people who watch LMG and want those systems?

She/Her

I always view LMG as "goals" content. They do some stuff for the masses, but it's the OP stuff that gets eyeballs from what I've noticed.

Well, you have to understand that LMG always try to show the most impressive of the impressive.

When they recently did a video about laptops i was surprised when they didnt talked about the acer aspire 576g, which is under my opinion the best budget laptop (600 with ssd, mx150 gpu, i5 8250u and 8 gb of ram)

But then i realized that it was a "boring" product with nothing special, just a good balance in price/features and performance. And that does not sell well in video.

I dont think this is bad though, its just their business model. And from time to time they do show really good stuff for everyone.

Because they aren't reviewing channel. They are entertainment channel. If they would be review-based channel, they would release a lot less videos as reviewing takes more time than just making quick look at how something works. They would need to have very standardized testing methods to create comparable results. And they would actually need to give out scores. Linus has given 2 awards on LTT lifetime. Both to Razer laptops. Even "Should you buy it?" isn't giving out real score.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I find their laptop review practical. 
I sure as heck am not going to spend over 1.500 USD on a laptop or any computer. 

He features laptops from the 800~2500~ USD range with many practical ones with great CPU, RAM & whatnot. 
Dell and LG make some lighter laptops but LTT also reviews some of the mega meaty laptops too though those typically run 2000+ USD. 

Linus has talked about Razer laptops in the past but feels they're impractical for the price and has reviewed the dell inspiron gaming several times as it has a great price, not that gamer like aesthetic, decent enough IO & several points of system power like CPU and GPU. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

and has reviewed the dell inspiron gaming several times as it has a great price, not that gamer like aesthetic, decent enough IO & several points of system power like CPU and GPU. 

yes. that's one laptop. 

i should probably define what decent I/O means for me. basically at least 2 usb ports and ethernet. if it doesn't have those it'll annoy me. 

She/Her

41 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

yes. that's one laptop. 

i should probably define what decent I/O means for me. basically at least 2 usb ports and ethernet. if it doesn't have those it'll annoy me. 

Yeah didn’t his last video have most laptops with 2+ USB ports and Ethernet? 

Are you sure you watched all the laptop reviews? 

Just now, fpo said:

Yeah didn’t his last video have most laptops with 2+ USB ports and Ethernet? 

Are you sure you watched all the laptop reviews? 

i said at least. i prefer 3 or more usb ports, hdmi or displayport, vga, dedicated microphone and headphone ports and ethernet. 

She/Her

LTT shouldn't be your go to source for reviews. you're better off going to places like noteboookcheck who do a full, in-depth analysis of pretty much every aspect of the computer

LTT laptop reviews consist of a showcase of the laptop's looks/design, specs, a few benchmarks thrown in and an "i like it"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒