Would these devices work for this

I need to extend my gigabit network 20m away from the router to connect to my new home office. Already got the single ethernet cable ran.

Is this the most efficient way it can be done?

Will PC 2 receive the full gigabit network speed?

Are the devices I've listed most practical for this use? (If not, bare in mind I don't want to spend hundreds on getting this running).

Devices:

• Gigabit Switch (TP-LINK TL-SG1005D)
  • Access Point 450mbps (TP-LINK TL-WA901ND)

(Black lines is Cat5e cable)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

network setup.png

8 hours ago, MrSuper said:

I need to extend my gigabit network 20m away from the router to connect to my new home office. Already got the single ethernet cable ran.

Is this the most efficient way it can be done?

Will PC 2 receive the full gigabit network speed?

Are the devices I've listed most practical for this use? (If not, bare in mind I don't want to spend hundreds on getting this running).

Devices:

• Gigabit Switch (TP-LINK TL-SG1005D)
  • Access Point 450mbps (TP-LINK TL-WA901ND)

(Black lines is Cat5e cable)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

network setup.png

With Cat5e, no.

If your switch is gigabit switch and you got load on the network from a server and access point you cannot pull the whole gigabit from pc2 as the maximume transfer is 1gigabit.

However the maximume will be 1 gigabit accross the network that is connected to the switch.

20 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

With Cat5e, no.

Cat 5e is rated for 1 Gbps, up to 100 meters. Just an FYI. 

@MrSuper, technically PC 2 could pull up to a gigabit, but you have to remember that that internet connection is shared for all devices. Technically speaking the link between your main router and switch is 1 Gbps, its highly unlikely that one machines connected to the switch will pull the entire 1 Gbps at a time and saturate the connection. BUT if that were the case, you could saturate that Cat5e connection and have issues. Personally Id stick with what you have. If you end up saturating that connection the next step up is 10 Gbps gear and that can be hella expensive. A 10 Gig NIC cost are min $100, not to mention the Switches and Cat 6a wiring.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Cat 5e is rated for 1 Gbps, up to 100 meters. Just an FYI. 

@MrSuper, technically PC 2 could pull up to a gigabit, but you have to remember that that internet connection is shared for all devices. Technically speaking the link between your main router and switch is 1 Gbps, its highly unlikely that one machines connected to the switch will pull the entire 1 Gbps at a time and saturate the connection. BUT if that were the case, you could saturate that Cat5e connection and have issues. Personally Id stick with what you have. If you end up saturating that connection the next step up is 10 Gbps gear and that can be hella expensive. A 10 Gig NIC cost are min $100, not to mention the Switches and Cat 6a wiring.  

That's what i said.. But good you explained it better than me :P