Frequencies and Volts.

Go to solution Solved by brob,

Components inside the case all work off of DC power provided by the psu. Most modern psu are auto sensing and can auto adjust to incoming AC power ranging 100V - 240V, 47 Hz - 83 Hz. 

Before selecting a particular psu, check the manufacturer specs for specifics.

If buying from a US site it will come with a three-prong power cable suitable for use with N.American outlets. 

You may have to worry about the stability of incoming power. In some places brownouts, spikes, etc. are fairly common. Investing in surge and other power protections may be necessary.

Hello,

I want to build a PC but i have a few concerns and questions, I live in Iraq and Components here are expensive as hell, a GTX 1060 6gb can cost well over $400 here. I want to Buy the components off of the US Amazon since its a LOT cheaper.
My question is, since the two countries' Power Frequencies and volts and stuff are different, If i bought the GPU, CPU, Ram, Motherboard and The Monitor from Amazon, will I face any problems, will they work flawlessly? 
This is my very first build so i don't know anything about it.

Thank you.

You would need to buy power cords to replace the ones meant for US plugs.

Internal components don't care because they are powered by the PSU and modern PSUs are pretty much all capable of 100-240V input and 47-63Hz frequency.

Some 80Plus EU certified PSUs are the exception that they are only designed for 230V and 50Hz AFAIK.

25 minutes ago, DannyAlex720 said:

Hello,

I want to build a PC but i have a few concerns and questions, I live in Iraq and Components here are expensive as hell, a GTX 1060 6gb can cost well over $400 here. I want to Buy the components off of the US Amazon since its a LOT cheaper.
My question is, since the two countries' Power Frequencies and volts and stuff are different, If i bought the GPU, CPU, Ram, Motherboard and The Monitor from Amazon, will I face any problems, will they work flawlessly? 
This is my very first build so i don't know anything about it.

Thank you.

It'll work, it's standardized so no matter where you buy it'll have to comply to the standard.

The only thing you should care is if you buy psu from abroad since ac input voltage vary between regions, but some psu does have auto input selection so it'll work nevertheless, usually the input is labelled 110-220v.

Also be careful about warranty, some brand has international warranty, most doesn't.

Components inside the case all work off of DC power provided by the psu. Most modern psu are auto sensing and can auto adjust to incoming AC power ranging 100V - 240V, 47 Hz - 83 Hz. 

Before selecting a particular psu, check the manufacturer specs for specifics.

If buying from a US site it will come with a three-prong power cable suitable for use with N.American outlets. 

You may have to worry about the stability of incoming power. In some places brownouts, spikes, etc. are fairly common. Investing in surge and other power protections may be necessary.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.