I need other peoples opinions!!!

darren49402

Ok so, I have a Amd fx 6100 on an asus m5a97 MOBO and a radeon 7770, I also have 200 dollars to spend and I have a 20 inch 1600x900 monitor. I'm torn over buying another 7770 or a 23 or 24 inch 1080p monitor. What do y'all think I should get.

I would go with another hd 7770, if you're buying a 1080p monitor you won't be able to max "heavy games". With another 7770 you will get extra performance

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Get another monitor then start to save up for a better graphics card. I wouldn't crossfire two 7770 together, In fact I would always recommend a med to high-end single card solution over 2 or more lower-end graphics card.

I would say go for new monitor and/or new video card. As Virusal mentions, going XFire with two 7770's will probably be somewhat under whelming. A better, single GPU is the way to go for better performance.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

You should definitely get a 1080p monitor as the first thing, the resolution means so much! After that, I definitely agree with the guys above me, get a stronger single card. From my experience (running GTX 580's in single, double and triple configurations) SLI and Crossfire still isn't for the general consumer, there's so many problems involved with it that you just don't get with a strong single card. :)

I think u should be able to get pretty god max out settings with a shitty 1600x900 resolution with one 7770HD

So forsure get another monitor , plus then you can duel screen which I think is more important than getting max out settings on a game.

I would suggest selling the 7770 and then add cash to buy a stronger card as you might not have enough power in the PSU to supply xfire, but more importantly I don't think 7770 isn't a gaming card its kind of too low budget for me personally hehe

I think u should be able to get pretty god max out settings with a shitty 1600x900 resolution with one 7770HD

So forsure get another monitor , plus then you can duel screen which I think is more important than getting max out settings on a game.

I would suggest selling the 7770 and then add cash to buy a stronger card as you might not have enough power in the PSU to supply xfire, but more importantly I don't think 7770 isn't a gaming card its kind of too low budget for me personally hehe

I have 750 watt psu but I think im just gonna save up and go for a 7870.

sell the 7770 and buy the 7870+, thats what i have and it works great