Noctua Nh-l9x65 on Athlon 64 X2 4400+

AshleyKitty123

Hello everyone! I was looking around for a decent down firing cooler to replace the stock AM2 Heatsink that came with my CPU. I was wondering if it's ok to get a Noctua Nh-l9x65 for my Athlon 64 X2 4400+, and if it will fit on my Biostar MP6P-M2 motherboard (Can't find any heatsink clearance information for my mobo). 

Thank you in advance! 

PC Specs:

-CPU:Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3 Ghz Brishbane 

-GPU:Gigabyte Geforce 8400GS

-RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 @800Mhz 

-Motherboard: Biostar MP6P-M2 v6.0 AM2

-HDD:Seagate 7200rpm 500GB

52 minutes ago, AshleyKitty123 said:

Biostar MP6P-M2

Seems like that might have electrolytic caps. Well, to be honest, you should save on a new PC or at least hold some money back because that rig might die soon. The Geforce 8000 series is prone to failure du to the shitty leadfree solder, that caused millions of things (or rather hundreds of millions of things) to die.
And the same applies to the MPC6x Chipsets as well... 

So that is pretty much at the end of its life...

Anyway, if you don't have high profile Mmeory and use the standard uncooled STandard Memory, you could also think about the NH-L12 as well.

52 minutes ago, AshleyKitty123 said:

I was wondering if it's ok to get a Noctua Nh-l9x65 for my Athlon 64 X2 4400+, and if it will fit on my Biostar MP6P-M2 motherboard

Yeah, it should. And if you don't use it in an ITX/SFF Enviroment and have a bit more space for the Fan, I'd sugest that you also order a good quality 92x25mm fan to replace the stock 92x14mm one.

Same with the NH-L12 as well, if you order it and don't use it in a Small Form Factor enviroment, replacing the stock 120x14mm fan with a 120x25mm fan is also recommended.

Because the thicker fans have much higher airflow at the same or lower noise. So it will be quieter and have lower temperatures as well.

But to be honest, I'd look if you can get hold of this heatsink:

https://geizhals.de/be-quiet-shadow-rock-tf-2-bk003-a1629017.html?hloc=de

But for that CPU; every somewhat OKish Heatsink should be fine.

Depending on what 4400+ we are talking about of course, there are like 3 different versions of that...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"