Corsair K63 vs. Logitech G Pro

Go to solution Solved by DrDerp,

IMO it all comes down to what switch you prefer. Definitely go to your local store to test both, as Romer Gs aren’t for everyone.

As for my opinion? I’d take the G-Pro. I use the G810, which is essentially the bigger version of the Pro, so I am biased here.

If you care about RGB too, take the G-Pro.

If you prefer the feel of cherries and would genuinely find use out of the Wireless Functionality, go for the K63.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide between the two mentioned keyboards. But I need some more opinions.

First let's say both K63 and G-pro have the same price (with discounts).

What I like about K63:

It is wireless and has Cherry MX red.

What I like about G-pro:

Has RGB and I already have G900 mouse, so no extra software installation.

I have no idea which keys I'm going to like more since I have only experienced MX brow and I have no chance to test the other ones before buying online.

So, is roamer-g tactile switches any better than comparable Cherry MXs?

How about the durability? If I'm going to take them with me every now and then, how can they endure under pressure (not much) in a bag?

Any other thoughts (excluding Razer) are welcome.

I have the Orion Spark (I’m not sure if they have different Romer G switches, probably do) and they feel like a less mushy red. They’re a good mix between a red and blue switch although it’s more like a red than a blue and like I said, the red is more mushy. Both are excellent switches and you can’t go wrong with either one so go to your nearest Best Buy or some other store in your country that has keyboards on display and check em out :D

Sorry I couldn’t give you a definite answer ;)

poop

1 hour ago, IdiotPenguin said:

Sorry I couldn’t give you a definite answer ;)

These kinds of comments coming from experience are very welcome for me. Thank you for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 8:39 PM, Erfsh said:

These kinds of comments coming from experience are very welcome for me. Thank you for your help.

have you purchase the keyboard ? i'm just curious...

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2018 at 7:52 PM, SomebodyDS said:

have you purchase the keyboard ? i'm just curious... 

Hi.

Not yet but I'm more likely to go with K63 just because of the wireless feature. I was ready to buy it but then I had to spend the budget on changing laptop fans and thermal issues. So it will be probably until winter :)

On 9/9/2018 at 1:36 PM, Erfsh said:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide between the two mentioned keyboards. But I need some more opinions.

First let's say both K63 and G-pro have the same price (with discounts).

What I like about K63:

It is wireless and has Cherry MX red.

What I like about G-pro:

Has RGB and I already have G900 mouse, so no extra software installation.

I have no idea which keys I'm going to like more since I have only experienced MX brow and I have no chance to test the other ones before buying online.

So, is roamer-g tactile switches any better than comparable Cherry MXs?

How about the durability? If I'm going to take them with me every now and then, how can they endure under pressure (not much) in a bag?

Any other thoughts (excluding Razer) are welcome.

Romer G switches are somewhat controversial, imo, they feel pretty bad, they're even less tactile than already barely tactile mx brown (Also known as Mx shit), they're kinda like a less tactile and shorter travel mx clear as the tactile point is very high. They're alot more quite than mx brown tho. 

Romer G switches are rated at 70m compared to 50m of cherry, however they have really bad thin laser ablated abs keycaps which are even worse as they use a proprietary mount so if you break the keycaps or the letter wears out you may have a hard time finding replacements.

IMO it all comes down to what switch you prefer. Definitely go to your local store to test both, as Romer Gs aren’t for everyone.

As for my opinion? I’d take the G-Pro. I use the G810, which is essentially the bigger version of the Pro, so I am biased here.

If you care about RGB too, take the G-Pro.

If you prefer the feel of cherries and would genuinely find use out of the Wireless Functionality, go for the K63.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Thanks guys.

I think RGP has no functionality for me. But the form factor is important, and it is definitely a good idea to try some Roamer G and Cherry MX reds at local stores before buying.

Best advise I always offer is to try the keyboard in store.  Most Corsair models (K70, K68, etc.) have a Cherry MX Red option you can try if they don't have a K63 Wireless on display.  Cherry rates their switches at 50 million presses, which speaks a lot for durability.  I use my K63 Wireless on most weekends (w/ Lapboard and Dark Core) to play games on my living room TV and really enjoy the setup.  Let me know if you know have any questions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

• 1 month later...

I finally decided to go for K63. I'm happy with it and the linear keys fit me very well. The form factor is also satisfying and it's very rigid, except the keycap sockets witch seems to crack easily and loosen up.

The wireless performance is good and the Bluetooth connection seems fairly stable and reasonably good. 

The only thing that I'm afraid to do is to update the firmware; I've heard a lot of complains about malfunctions after the update.