Galaxy S7 Dash Mount

Go to solution Solved by Kc7vwc,
33 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

This is the one. It's held up a Galaxy J7, HTC 610 (forgot that one earlier) & now a Moto G5S Plus. Fully extended, the arm is about 7-8 inches long & the mount rotates freely 360 degrees.    After a couple months, the base of the arm might get a little bit of a wobble. But usually lifting up the suction cup mechanism (you can keep it on the glass doing this) & re-seating it will tighten up the connection. 

As it sits right there on my PC, it gets more 'flex' & wobble from the acrylic window of my case than it does from the arm flexing. 
We it's in my vehicle, I like to mount it along the left support column of my windshield, seating it low, so the bottom of the phone is floating about an inch above the dashboard. This puts it where I can still see it for GPS, but it's not blocking anything from the middle of the window. 

Sorry I don't know what brand it is. It was actually the first unit I grabbed at the store & it's worked great since. 

Mount.jpg

I'm looking for a dash mounting system for my Samsung Galaxy S7 in it's Tek21 EVO case. Which is pretty slippery but I can't afford something different right now so whatever type of mount I get has to have a good grip. I know the 2 main types are vent & suction cup but I live in Arizona. So it does get pretty hot in the summer but also cold in the winter, which means I'd rather not block 1 of my vents & risk over heating the phone. Likewise I know keeping it out of the summer sun is a must & I'd honestly like it closer to me anyway. I know some suction cups have extendable arms but I don't know how well that or any mounting plate would stick to the dash or windshield in my 1993 Geo Prizm. I don't need one that charges it or holds by magnets, I prefer clamps unless there's a magnetic one that won't let go or damage my phone with adhesive. Price wise if there was something for just a few dollars that'd be decent for temporary until I could afford to blow $100+ on something that'd last forever I'd go that route for now. Anyway, if any of you have suggestions on brands or even particular models of smartphone dash mounts I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

18 hours ago, Mike Soda said:

I'm looking for a dash mounting system for my Samsung Galaxy S7 in it's Tek21 EVO case. Which is pretty slippery but I can't afford something different right now so whatever type of mount I get has to have a good grip. I know the 2 main types are vent & suction cup but I live in Arizona. So it does get pretty hot in the summer but also cold in the winter, which means I'd rather not block 1 of my vents & risk over heating the phone. Likewise I know keeping it out of the summer sun is a must & I'd honestly like it closer to me anyway. I know some suction cups have extendable arms but I don't know how well that or any mounting plate would stick to the dash or windshield in my 1993 Geo Prizm. I don't need one that charges it or holds by magnets, I prefer clamps unless there's a magnetic one that won't let go or damage my phone with adhesive. Price wise if there was something for just a few dollars that'd be decent for temporary until I could afford to blow $100+ on something that'd last forever I'd go that route for now. Anyway, if any of you have suggestions on brands or even particular models of smartphone dash mounts I'd greatly appreciate it.

I bought a $20 suction mount from Target a couple years back, and it's worked great for my last two phones, with & without cases. It's survived Montana summer & winter with no issues.

If you want it out of the sun, mount it above your rear view mirror. 

And I've also used it inside against my PC so my phone doubles as aux display. 

(Just checked their website & can't find it exactly. When home after work I'll try to remember to upload a pic)

4 hours ago, Kc7vwc said:

I bought a $20 suction mount from Target a couple years back, and it's worked great for my last two phones, with & without cases. It's survived Montana summer & winter with no issues.

If you want it out of the sun, mount it above your rear view mirror. 

And I've also used it inside against my PC so my phone doubles as aux display. 

(Just checked their website & can't find it exactly. When home after work I'll try to remember to upload a pic)

Thank you, if I got 1 of those I'd want one with a fairly long arm. Due to how much longer my legs are for my height vs my arms, it makes reaching anything that's further away or equal to my center console vents a stretch. So yeah I'd rather be extended at least a few inches out from my dash.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

33 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

This is the one. It's held up a Galaxy J7, HTC 610 (forgot that one earlier) & now a Moto G5S Plus. Fully extended, the arm is about 7-8 inches long & the mount rotates freely 360 degrees.    After a couple months, the base of the arm might get a little bit of a wobble. But usually lifting up the suction cup mechanism (you can keep it on the glass doing this) & re-seating it will tighten up the connection. 

As it sits right there on my PC, it gets more 'flex' & wobble from the acrylic window of my case than it does from the arm flexing. 
We it's in my vehicle, I like to mount it along the left support column of my windshield, seating it low, so the bottom of the phone is floating about an inch above the dashboard. This puts it where I can still see it for GPS, but it's not blocking anything from the middle of the window. 

Sorry I don't know what brand it is. It was actually the first unit I grabbed at the store & it's worked great since. 

Mount.jpg

23 hours ago, Kc7vwc said:

Mount.jpg

Thanks so much, although I haven't been able to find that 1 I did find these but I haven't decided yet. A vent mount would work but only on the left side of my steering wheel & I'm terrified my phone might somehow get knocked out the window. While on the right side by dash will work too it'll be in more sun, might not mount as well & possibly block 2 vents I can't shutoff. Which I can close the single one on the right so yeah, still undecided but at least found a good brand.

iOttie Easy One Touch 4 Air Vent Car Mount

iOttie Easy One Touch 4 Dashboard & Windshield