Building my own desk

kondork

Hey guys, for start - i'm not a carpenter and not good at english :D so:

I want to build my own desk for PC, as a student (person who has to move out from appartment every year) it is inconvenient for me to have typical L desk as I have now:

5b8d80f9f26e7_olddesk.jpg.9dcb94f508583b8fd7e877fa52221718.jpg

So there are few things i want to have in my new desk:

- In some of my new appartments it would be better if the L shape was not or the right but on the left, that is why it would be better if it was 'convertable'
- wooden legs pisses me off, because i have not so wide hole for my legs in the middle of the desk - i often put annother hair in front of this one so i can have straight legs laying on it (more comfortably position)

1. So I came up with something like this - but without this center beam in the middle of the height (my photoshop skills are low so pls use your imagination)

1.jpg.a60ad23d81f638c8a95a29c621e25029.jpg

2. These are legs with one screw in the middle to keep it together

2.jpg.aa81424325c08a2e7680dabd8d5b1c7f.jpg

3.  Also you could on the legs hold your PC not to keep it on the desk as i have now. Why i came up with this idea is i dont want to keep it on the floor (easier to clean)

3.jpg.dac784b243c6380c5fda4ed7b870dfb9.jpg

4. As i said before the L shape would be convertable on the left or on the right. I'll use good metal support for this so it`d stay stady.

4.jpg.501dcc587fdf758de54745ec04bd1b6f.jpg

5. The legs to the top would be attached from the center of the legs to the top, something like this:

5.jpg.caace10f20542ca13f1eccfc30b857ce.jpg

In conclusion - the frame would be all metal, only the top would be wooden. Give me all your suggestions, i'm open to criticism :)

Tbh I would just buy an ikea table, they are very customizable :P 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Tbh I would just buy an ikea table, they are very customizable :P 

But it would not be made by me, the only thing i own in rented appartment is my desk, it helps me feel better in any place i live :)

4 minutes ago, kondork said:

But it would not be made by me, the only thing i own in rented appartment is my desk, it helps me feel better in any place i live :)

It can be assembled and designed and customized by you :)

Unless you have a bunch of tools and a workshop (which I assume you don't since you're in an apartment) it's going to be very hard to make one from scratch.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

43 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It can be assembled and designed and customized by you :)

Unless you have a bunch of tools and a workshop (which I assume you don't since you're in an apartment) it's going to be very hard to make one from scratch.

My parents have all the tools i need, no worry about it, i need some advices not to discurage me from doing it coz it wont happen :)

@LDX more photos pls :)