No Power Pin 750 ti on PCIE x8?

Ya_Mi
Go to solution Solved by Sakkura,

All the power pins in PCIe slots are in the little section on the left side, which is there regardless of the size of the slot. It's only the right side that varies, and all those pins are for data transfer.

You can see the pinout on wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#Pinout

OK so i decided to go for 750 ti instead of 750 because its freakin not in stock.

But my pcie x16 got fried by my used GPU and only x8 is available with less pin on the PCIE Slot.

Will it be enough to power my MSI 750 Ti? it has no power pin.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

Yea, every pci-e slot provides the same power. Its the data that gets limited but dont worry about it

Just now, karsnoordhuis said:

Yea, every pci-e slot provides the same power. Its the data that gets limited but dont worry about it

Every pcie provies the same power? for real dude?

All the power pins in PCIe slots are in the little section on the left side, which is there regardless of the size of the slot. It's only the right side that varies, and all those pins are for data transfer.

4 minutes ago, karsnoordhuis said:

You'd be correct for all PCs using retail components. In OEM machines, the OEM sometimes limits PCIe power to 25W through the slot. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

So it would be fine right? no underperforming whatsoever?

No. Only if you use a 4x slot there might be issues. You can even run a 1080ti on 8x without a real performance loss

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

You aren't buying new, right? It's almost 5 years old.

Kind of, Its a new GPU an OLD STOCK that never been used but its already been tested and its work perfectly normal.  cost me $75 because the price of GPU is ridiculous in here.

1 minute ago, karsnoordhuis said:

No. Only if you use a 4x slot there might be issues. You can even run a 1080ti on 8x without a real performance loss

Thats what i thought at first before i realize that it has no POWER PIN and thats why i am here with the question

9 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

Kind of, Its a new GPU an OLD STOCK that never been used but its already been tested and its work perfectly normal.  cost me $75 because the price of GPU is ridiculous in here.

you can find a 660ti or 760 for around that price on carousell, get that instead.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/palit-gtx-660-ti-nvida-gpu-for-gaming-186025284/?ref=search&ref_query=gtx 660ti&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%2F%3Fquery%3Dgtx%20660ti&ref_reqId=Jf8qtb1jZwHYfy2LuI1VkE5YzfkkuuH0

https://sg.carousell.com/p/gtx-760-183751328/?ref=search&ref_query=gtx 760&ref_referrer=%2Fsearch%2Fproducts%2F%3Fquery%3Dgtx%20760&ref_reqId=NT4rFZRGz8dchEwPsEUhj9rb2DNkEQmU

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

17 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

thats too old i am afraid the component is about crap itself like the HD 6870 that i bought and i have to deal with taxes as well so..no

25 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

thats too old i am afraid the component is about crap itself like the HD 6870 that i bought and i have to deal with taxes as well so..no

Old computer hardware doesn't usually die simply from old age, but the 750Ti will serve you very well in lots of games, as long as you limit some of the more hardware intensive ones to 720p.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Just now, thegreengamers said:

Old computer hardware doesn't usually die simply from old age, but the 750Ti will serve you very well in lots of games, as long as you limit some of the more hardware intensive ones to 720p.

Well that might be true or might be not but i bought 2 old GPU that is 560 Ti and HD 6870, All of them are just crapped out being one fried my PCIE SLOT and the other one has an visual artifacts. So maybe i am just paranoid or whatever so take it with a gigantic grain of salt.

Just now, Ya_Mi said:

Well that might be true or might be not but i bought 2 old GPU that is 560 Ti and HD 6870, All of them are just crapped out being one fried my PCIE SLOT and the other one has an visual artifacts. So maybe i am just paranoid or whatever so take it with a gigantic grain of salt.

Were those two graphics cards noticeably cheaper than others with the same model? it sounds like you could have been scammed.

Computer engineering grad student, machine learning researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

2 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Were those two graphics cards noticeably cheaper than others with the same model? it sounds like you could have been scammed.

yes its cheaper, no i am not, its just i live in a country where the price of everything especially compouter parts are too damn high