Firefox Quantom VS Chrome?

Pavilion

Which browser is better and faster? I know that Google Chrome and Firefox both are at the top, but after the new redesing of Firefox does it really beat Chrome? Which one are you using and why?

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux

I use Firefox for everything except Typeracer, which for some reason updates faster on Chrome 

That's an F in the profile pic

22 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Firefox doesn't spy nearly as much. That makes it a winner to me.

It does, except they just don't talk about it as much.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

26 minutes ago, Pavilion said:

Which browser is better

there is no better, they just all suck in different ways.

that said, on the "fast" side of things i've found they all kinda.. are within margin of error, as long as you dont sit there with a stopwatch. i personally use chrome mostly out of an "it just works" reasoning, but firefox has some pretty nice features for those with unique preferences, and i'm still on the boat of potentially switching to vivaldi because having tabs in tabs is just better :P

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Source?

http://fortune.com/2017/12/17/firefox-mr-robot-looking-glass/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/20/mozilla_firefox_test_of_privacy_mechanism_prompts_privacy_worries/

And others too, it basically collects as much data as any other browser.

Unless you take the steps to opt out.

Also, fyi disabling browser data collection does nothing to stop your ISP and literally every website you visit or search engine you use from collecting the exact same data.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

http://fortune.com/2017/12/17/firefox-mr-robot-looking-glass/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/20/mozilla_firefox_test_of_privacy_mechanism_prompts_privacy_worries/

And others too, it basically collects as much data as any other browser.

Unless you take the steps to opt out.

If you think that even starts to come close to a what Google does, you've got no idea. I specifically said "as much" for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Also, fyi disabling browser data collection does nothing to stop your ISP and literally every website you visit or search engine you use from collecting the exact same data.

I'm not a newbie, that's why I've used a VPN for years m

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

If you think that even starts to come close to a what Google does, you've got no idea. I specifically said "as much" for a reason.

I'm not a newbie, that's why I've used a VPN for years m

Too bad vpn only prevents your ISP from collecting data.

The ISP of the VPN server still does, and so does the website you visit, and so does the search engine.

All of that stuff isn't encrypted, only your connection to the VPN server is.

If you use any google service then it's already collecting the same data so chrome wouldn't make a difference.

If you don't use any google stuff like search or gmail or whatever, then sure don't use chrome, that makes sense.

Spoiler