New build not installing Windows

Good evening,

Time to consult the higher powers. You guys.

Building a PC for a friend of mine and the build went OK. Everything is in but two issues installing Windows.

1) Inserting his Windows 10 USB key (brand new) and nothing shows up. Nothing to boot from, no USB found, nada... as thought I had put fresh air into it. Try different ports, nothing.

2) Insert my copy of Windows 10 from which I have installed/reinstalled my PC a handful of times from and the install gets stuck at 16%. Try again, same thing. Try turning XMP off, same thing. Try using different USB ports, same thing. Try swapping mem sticks out/over, same thing. Every single time.. 16% failed install. 

System specs - i7 8700, GTX 1070ti, 16gb ram, samsung m.2 250gb, 600w PSU, Gigabyte B360M H motherboard 

I've had a search and can't seem to find anything that I haven't already tried so pulling my hair out now. Friend has left and now I have this machine that won't work lol. Any help seriously appreciated! 

4 minutes ago, Zebedeeboing said:

Every single time.. 16% failed install

Off hand, I'd say the .iso is somehow corrupt. Can you get another ISO? Can you try, for example, a linux .iso, just to see if that works?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Zebedeeboing said:

Good evening,

Time to consult the higher powers. You guys.

Building a PC for a friend of mine and the build went OK. Everything is in but two issues installing Windows.

1) Inserting his Windows 10 USB key (brand new) and nothing shows up. Nothing to boot from, no USB found, nada... as thought I had put fresh air into it. Try different ports, nothing.

2) Insert my copy of Windows 10 from which I have installed/reinstalled my PC a handful of times from and the install gets stuck at 16%. Try again, same thing. Try turning XMP off, same thing. Try using different USB ports, same thing. Try swapping mem sticks out/over, same thing. Every single time.. 16% failed install. 

System specs - i7 8700, GTX 1070ti, 16gb ram, samsung m.2 250gb, 600w PSU, Gigabyte B360M H motherboard 

I've had a search and can't seem to find anything that I haven't already tried so pulling my hair out now. Friend has left and now I have this machine that won't work lol. Any help seriously appreciated!

1. Remove SSD from new computer, insert into yours, unplug other drives, install Windows (you may stop when you see desktop), move SSD to new computer and boot.

2. ...

3. Profit. :)

Seriously - it may be something related to hardware, but at least this method you'll get installed Windows and you can check more with working system.

And don't ask is it work etc. If I did not know it would work, I would not advise. Hardware difference is not a problem. Good luck!

And do not enter license key until you'll be sure that everything works.

1 hour ago, Zebedeeboing said:

Solved. 

Had to run bios in legacy mode. All fixed. 

Really?

It's not a fix, it's workaround.

Much better will be just change SSD type from MBR to GPT and use UEFI.

Difference is not that big in fact. But sometimes it's much faster to have system installed in UEFI mode.