Can i use a GT710?

TheRocker123

I have optiplex 790 and i wanna upgrade my graphics card , just wanna make sure that the graphics card that i went with works with the pc or not...

So here is my pc specs:

CPU - i3-2100 3.1ghz 

RAM - 8GB DDR3

PSU -500W

So can i install a Zotac GeForce GT 710 in my pc?!?!

Thanks guys , appreciate it a lot..

2 minutes ago, TheRocker123 said:

I have optiplex 790 and i wanna upgrade my graphics card , just wanna make sure that the graphics card that i went with works with the pc or not...

So here is my pc specs:

CPU - i3-2100 3.1ghz 

RAM - 8GB DDR3

PSU -500W

Yes, but you should get a 750 or 1050ti if you plan to do more heavier workloads.

You can pick up a used 750 or 750ti or pretty cheap and the performance is better than a crappy 710 by soooooo much.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

Yes, you can use the card. *I don't advise you tho as it's a really weak GPU*

Motherboard is the essential part in this situation as you install the GPU on it. So next time make sure to type your motherboard.

The integrated graphics in an i3 is better than a 710 or 730. You'll be downgrading. Get an actual GTX card, not the horrible GT cash grabs. A 750 Ti for $50 isn't too hard to find.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 minutes ago, TheRocker123 said:

So here is my pc specs:

CPU - i3-2100 3.1ghz 

RAM - 8GB DDR3

PSU -500W

Well you can install this GPU in your pc but I wouldn't recommend it either. I mean it will do a better job than no GPU but overall it will do a bad job...

Go for a 750, 1030 or even a 650 / 550ti they will do a much better job and aren't too expensive if you buy them used.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The integrated graphics in an i3 is better than a 710 or 730. You'll be downgrading. Get an actual GTX card, not the horrible GT cash grabs. A 750 Ti for $50 isn't too hard to find.

Well actually that is not true in this case... As this is only 2nd gen core i3 he will be stuck with an Intel HD 2000. Even the GT710 does a better job than that...

13 minutes ago, voiha said:

Yes, you can use the card. *I don't advise you tho as it's a really weak GPU*

Motherboard is the essential part in this situation as you install the GPU on it. So next time make sure to type your motherboard.

Its the optiplex 790 motheroard , idk the model sorry...

Alright guys thank you for the help i appreciate it a lot i'll look into the graphics i dont really have that much budget i have about 40 $ , also

how much approx FPS u guys think im gonna get with this setup for games like fortnite and pubg ....

3 minutes ago, M-Wolf said:

Well actually that is not true in this case... As this is only 2nd gen core i3 he will be stuck with an Intel HD 2000. Even the GT710 does a better job than that...

That's one of the most inaccurate sites for benchmarking. It's awful

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Really? It's gathered from many users across the planet. Do you have a better site you can suggest?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, M-Wolf said:

Game Debate is better for compraisons

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Really? It's gathered from many users across the planet. Do you have a better site you can suggest?

Use YouTube.

The problem is you need a direct comparison, and the websites tests change while the scores stay the same.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

It's pretty awful too though.

There is no 100% accurate website but game debate does a good job. Ofcourse you need some common sense to know what's proper and what's not

Guys also another question, Can i upgrade my RAM to 8GB? 

Thanks a lot..

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=3515&gid2=2173&compare=Nvidia GeForce GT 710 v2-vs-Intel HD Graphics 2000 Desktop

Game debate. Same result. Don't say wrong things and start flaming if somebody proofs that you're wrong...

Alright guys thank you for the help i appreciate it a lot i'll look into the graphics i dont really have that much budget i have about 40 $ , also

how much approx FPS u guys think im gonna get with this setup for games like fortnite and pubg ....

Well that heavily depends on the card, that you're choosing. With a 1050 you should be able to get 30fps on 1080p. Just give it a go on google for the different suggested cards. That'll probably give you better results from perople that actually tried such a setup...

2 minutes ago, TheRocker123 said:

Guys also another question, Can i upgrade my RAM to 8GB? 

Thanks a lot..

Yes you can if there is free RAM slot

11 minutes ago, TheRocker123 said:

With GT 710 unplayable in those games, with GTX 1050 eeh barely on 1080p around the 30fps. You're better of to go to Youtube and type "GTX 1050 fortnite fps" than asking here.

1 minute ago, voiha said:

Yes you can if there is free RAM slot

With GT 710 unplayable in those games, with GTX 1050 eeh barely on 1080p around the 30fps. You're better of to go to Youtube and type "GTX 1050 fortnite fps" than asking here.

yeah i do have 2 extra RAM slots and okay i'll check it on youtube...

alright thanks guys i hope u have a great day 

peace out...

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It won't run the games you want.  You'll waste $40.

I already had AMD Radeon 5650 in my PC , i didnt have the integrated graphics...

12 minutes ago, TheRocker123 said:

I already had AMD Radeon 5650 in my PC , i didnt have the integrated graphics...

11 minutes ago, TheRocker123 said:

AMD Radeon 5450* , my bad

Well your i3 has integrated graphics, which performs about the same as the card.

If you want to game, spend $20 on a used i5-2400 (or i5-2320) from eBay and watch for a used GTX 750 Ti for $40-$50.

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

Well your i3 has integrated graphics, which performs about the same as the card.

If you want to game, spend $20 on a used i5-2400 from eBay and watch for a used GTX 750 Ti for $40-$50.

alright brother , thanks a lot..