GT 1030 lagging a lot @4k 60Hz

VossyDev
24 minutes ago, SALEEN961 said:

That's really high, I bought my GDDR5 GT1030 for $67 new in a brick and mortar store, seemed like a great value for me since I only wanted a 1080p, low power draw, single slot, passively cooled card.

I could have gone with an older card, but the power draw would have been much higher, and the GT 1030 massively outperformed the old 550ti I had laying around.

That's a reasonable price for its performance. You got a fair deal, and I wouldn't turn my nose up at that. When it launched it was selling for over $100, and you still won't find one new for much less than that. Like the GT 730, it was a cash grab. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Its a 1030. A great card for overclocking and light gaming and light editing. What really can you expect from it? i would recommend if your using Unity and PS to upgrade to an i7 and maybe a quadro? But those are kinda expensive. 

7 hours ago, VossyDev said:

Hello people - picked up a GT 1030(GDDR5) 2 days ago for various reasons. 

Not gaming - obviously. It was bought for Unity Android development, and I chose it over previous generations as it supports HDMI 2.0 & supposedly supports a max of 7680x4320@60 Hz (So 4K 60Hz non gaming shouldn't be an issue). 9th Generation obviously has HDMI 2.0 but wanted something new due to the mining craze.

What I'm using is a decently spec'd machine for what it's for - i3 8100, 12GB 2400Mhz DDR4, GT 1030, SSD. As well as Unity, I use Illustrator, Photoshop (But rarely), and general web browsing tasks. I've found that since I've bought it, it's not been a very enjoyable experience. Constant freezing & slow responsiveness which definitely wasn't there using the on-board graphics, which I will add, I ran at 1080 60Hz as it's far smoother than 4k 30hz. (But I couldn't achieve 4k 60hz on UHD 630). 

I imagine this is quite a rare problem as I don't imagine many people here have bought a GT 1030, and if you have I don't imagine you're running at 4k, but any help would be appreciated! 

I'm sorry to say but you would want at least a an RX560 for this task, though a GTX1050 or a GTX1050 Ti would be preferable for this use case, 4k is just way to demanding for this card, unless you are just browsing the internet... I mean seriously running this card at least 8 times as demanding on a card as FHD. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!