Zotac 1080 TI AMP Scam on Amazon!

vyneta

Hi guys,

I just realized that I was scammed on Amazon. I was so excited last week when PCGamer posted a graphic cards deal on their website

image.png.bad9bfe86f9c951416fcfebd03b0ff32.png

Without thinking twice I put an order on this graphic card and so excited to wait until it arrive. Since I live in Indonesia, the shipping cost will be expensive. Thus, I ordered this to my friend's address in Las Vegas and wait for him to return to Indonesia to bring this awesome card. Few days later Amazon notified me that the item was delivered, I checked it to my friend, but he said that there was no package that day. I checked the tracking details on Amazon and it mentioned that the item was delivered to Cedar Lake, Indiana. Then I checked the seller's feedback and found 98% of 590 feedback were negatives.

image.png.72bd727d056af6446636feca1dadb714.png

Be careful guys :)

P.S:

I even post some threads in this forum to find perfect parts for this graphic card :(

Feel for you... also got scammed today for a GTX 1070ti. It really breaks one's heart :(

I'd think that GPUs are cheap enough right now it doesn't make sense to buy from the bottom of the pack.  Don't take the chance on something that looks to good to be true.

What's funny is these scammers don't actually get a pay day out of this.  Amazon doesn't allow new sellers to cash out for like the first 2 months, specifically to combat this type of thing.

You're also an idiot if you buy from a new seller with a too-low price.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 hours ago, AnonymousGuy said:

You're also an idiot if you buy from a new seller with a too-low price.

Agree, if you're about to spend $500, you better check who are you buying from.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Buying expensive things like gpu's online from stuff like ebay or amazon is something I would never do. Also if the card becomes damaged or even already is damaged good luck trying to get a refund. I would always go to a local pc store or like a bestbuy or whatever your country has. Something with an address or phone number and some validation. Or go to a trusted respected site that has insurance for these kind of things.

Can you even take a new gpu through airport customs?

I got suckered too, $296 for a GTX 1070 seemed too good, and it was.  I contacted the seller after the tracking number showed delivered to a different state, no response for 2 days, so requested a refund from Amazon and got it.

you won't get scammed all you do is contact amazon they will refund you within 5mins

14 hours ago, ramm said:

Buying expensive things like gpu's online from stuff like ebay or amazon is something I would never do. Also if the card becomes damaged or even already is damaged good luck trying to get a refund. I would always go to a local pc store or like a bestbuy or whatever your country has. Something with an address or phone number and some validation. Or go to a trusted respected site that has insurance for these kind of things.

Actually Amazon got nice refund policy unless you buy from shady 3rd part sellers. I've been buying tons of PC parts from Amazon for the past 4 years and only had them fail me once, they sold me faulty MSI B350 motherboard. I sent it back on the same day and got my money back in less than 24 hours.

In country like Ireland we don't have dedicated PC stores like people do in other country. There are some, but they sell parts at insane prices, so we got no choice but to buy online.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

On 8/30/2018 at 4:25 PM, ramm said:

PC parts in my country is very expensive, I was intended to ship it to my friend's address and he will bring it by hand carry. What do you think of newegg? I think as long as its the Amazon or Newegg who sell the items it should be fine right? 

Related to GPU prices, do you guys think this is the right time to buy 1080? Or should wait for a little longer?

You only get scammed if you let it happen.  Buy directly from Amazon or Newegg and this won't happen.  In the 30 some years of building computers, I have used mail-order/online for 99% of parts and haven't been scammed.  I avoid 3rd party sellers unless it's the product manufacturer or a highly reputable company like Anker, Monoprice, B&H, etc.

Gaming - AMD TR 3970X | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme II | G.SKILL Neo 3600 64GB | Zotac Nvidia 2080 Ti AMP | 2x Sabarent 1TB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1000w | Corsair K70 RGB Lux | Corsiar M65 | 2x ASUS Rog PG279Q | BenQ EW3270U | Windows 10 Pro | EKWB Custom loop

ITX - Intel i7-10700k | Asus ROG Z490-I Gaming | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 2080 Super| Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD | NZXT H1| Windows 10 Pro

HTPC - Intel i9-9900k | Asus ROG Maximus XI Code | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200 32GB | EVGA 1070 | Samsung 970 1TB | WD Blue 1TB SSD | NZXT H700  | EVGA G3 1000W | Corsair H150i | Windows 10 Pro

Servers - SuperMicro 846 | 2x 2695L V2 | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 24 x 6TB | FreeNas - SuperMicro 826 | 2 x 2695L | 128GB | Chelsio 10Gbe | Chelsio 40Gbe | 8 x 10TB | 847 24 x 1TB SSD | Windows Server 2019

Work - Dell XPS 15 9560 | i7-7700HQ | 32 GB RAM | 1TB NVMe | 4k dsiplay