Arctic freezer 33 > Wraith Spire ?

michaelbelgium

Looking to buy an 2600X, 

although the Arctic freezer got my interest because it's semi-passive and i like the looks of it.

But would it cool better and be more worthy than the stock cooler?

And by saying worthy i mean would XFR2 clock higher with it for example?

Thx in advance

I would just save the money and mabye jump to a 2700X.

I would not get it unless you like the looks. a evga clc 240 would be a better upgrade.

The Artic Freezer 33 is going to be a more capable cooler. It is recommended for 150 tdp and below, but can handle up to 320 tdp of heat if you are ok with it being noisy.

5 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

I would not get it unless you like the looks. a evga clc 240 would be a better upgrade.

That really depends on what theyre doing, as the 2600 preforms better in games.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

That really depends on what theyre doing, as the 2600 preforms better in games.

if he wanted gaming perf, he would've gotten an i5-8400 or 8500 or 8600 or 8600k.

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

Yeah but an expensive one, i think I have enough with a 2600x and an air cooler

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

The Artic Freezer 33 is going to be a more capable cooler. It is recommended for 150 tdp and below, but can handle up to 320 tdp of heat if you are ok with it being noisy.

Good to know!

1 hour ago, seoz said:

Arctic Freezer 33 for sure would be a nice pickup from the stock cooler as it's a full tower cooler. Being passive, it's going to be super quiet when idle.

Thats why its my choice :D

Instead of the 2600X, get the cheaper 2600, a cooler and overclock it. The H5, Dark Rock 3 and Mugen 5 don't cost that much more than the Freezer 33. 

:)

On 29-8-2018 at 9:05 PM, seon123 said:

Instead of the 2600X, get the cheaper 2600, a cooler and overclock it. The H5, Dark Rock 3 and Mugen 5 don't cost that much more than the Freezer 33. 

Honestly im considering that now, looking at the price of the 2600, here it's 50 € cheaper than the 2600X (and if i buy it from amazon it's more cheaper i think, not sure with shipping).

Looking at the other coolers u suggested, it'll be very tight or even too big for my case (phantecs eclipse p400s windowed (not glass)). Max cpu cooler height in the documentation is 160mm

• the freezer 33 is 150mm
  • H5 and dark rock 3 iis 160mm
  • mugen is 155mm

So not sure how i feel about that, or i shouldn't worry? It's like <= 1cm difference

7 minutes ago, michaelbelgium said:

Honestly im considering that now, looking at the price of the 2600, here it's 50 € cheaper than the 2600X (and if i buy it from amazon it's more cheaper i think, not sure with shipping).

Looking at the other coolers u suggested, it'll be very tight or even too big for my case (phantecs eclipse p400s windowed (not glass)). Max cpu cooler height in the documentation is 160mm

• the freezer 33 is 150mm
  • H5 and dark rock 3 iis 160mm
  • mugen is 155mm

So not sure how i feel about that, or i shouldn't worry? It's like <= 1cm difference

Should be fine, unless the companies are lying about their coolers' heights. 

And while I remember it, if you overclock, make sure the motherboard isn't complete crap. The MSI B450 boards are generally available at decent prices. 

14 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Should be fine, unless the companies are lying about their coolers' heights. 

And while I remember it, if you overclock, make sure the motherboard isn't complete crap. The MSI B450 boards are generally available at decent prices. 

The mobo i'm planning to buy is the asrock b450m pro4, so i think that's not complete crap :P

Just now, michaelbelgium said:

The mobo i'm planning to buy is the asrock b450m pro4, so i think that's not complete crap :P

Should be fine.