No internet on my desktop , deleted drivers (?)

GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls

I downloaded a program which may or may not have deleted my internet drivers. Anyway i got NO internet on my desktop atm and i tried to let windows find them again but they showed this : 

'Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device.

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.

(Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265)

This operaton returned because the timeout period expired.

If you know the manufacturer of your device , you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers.''

My mobo is asrock x370 killer Sli and my wifi adapter is gigabyte gc-wb867d-i 4.2 

What do i have to do ?

Go on another computer, download the drivers onto a USB stick or external storage, and transfer to affected PC and install.

That exact thing happened to me. Just download a automatic driver installer and it will install the drivers that are recommended for you. I was troubleshooting this for about 7 hours and the best way was just downloading a automatic driver installer.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

1 minute ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

That exact thing happened to me. Just download a automatic driver installer and it will install the drivers that are recommended for you. I was troubleshooting this for about 7 hours and the best way was just downloading a automatic driver installer.

well i did , and it is the reason why im going through this... it deleted the old files to update them but failed to update one of the internet files and im with no wifi now... ( on my desktop)

Hmm. Which type of adapter is it?

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

Here you go. If this one doesn't work the card is fooked.

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_intel_wifi_20.60.0.7.zip

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Which adapter is it?

If it's a Intel one then its probably something having to do with the files itself. Because Intel's bluetooth drivers don't work either.

Main

6 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

already downlaoded this , and extracted the files but no internet....

You have to install the drivers, not just extract them. Obviously.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

18 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You have to install the drivers, not just extract them. Obviously.

man i did that and everything nothing happens... can i just reset the whole thing or waht ever...

1 minute ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

man i did that and everything nothing happens... can i just reset the whole thing or waht ever...

Nope. If it doesn't take the drivers, then your card is likely fucked.

Just now, NelizMastr said:

how can it be... it was working till today until i fucked with my drivers

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

its gotta be the drivers