GPU Running hot for no reason

L0str31

I have gtx 660 msi twin frozr when i play games such as Cs:Go it gets up to 90 celsius and its the fan running reallly loud like its Big cooling FAN and i am really woried does anyone knows why or what could be the reason. 

My Tech Specs

And a 300 watt power supply 

THANK YOU FOR TAKING UR TIME WATCHING AND GIVING TIPS

Schermopname (1).png

Schermopname (2).png

Schermopname (4).png

Schermopname (5).png

Uh, because games use the GPU?

If you're worried about temps try cleaning it out and changing the thermal paste.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Is this something that just started happening recently?

First steps should be to clean the card, you've not listed any steps you've taken to fix the issue (if any), so this will be our starting point.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just now, Semper said:

First steps should be to clean the card, you've not listed any steps you've taken to fix the issue (if any), so this will be our starting point.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Uh, because games use the GPU?

If you're worried about temps try cleaning it out and changing the thermal paste.

I have done it but the owner i am guessing he did it to its was crystal clean like it was factory new but at games runs at 90 celsius and the fan speed goes up to 80 RPM i watched on MSI afterburner and its really worrying me alot

Just now, L0str31 said:

I have done it but the owner i am guessing he did it to its was crystal clean like it was factory new but at games runs at 90 celsius and the fan speed goes up to 80 RPM i watched on MSI afterburner and its really worrying me alot

80 rpm is not a lot, usually the fan should run at a few thousand rpm.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Semper said:

this is not something started recently its was before when i was using on my old rig and  and at this one does it at some point the fan running really fast 

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

80 rpm is not a lot, usually the fan should run at a few thousand rpm.

sorry my bad my fan speed run at 80% at msi after burner show it 

2 minutes ago, L0str31 said:

sorry my bad my fan speed run at 80% at msi after burner show it 

And you replaced the thermal paste and removed dust from the cooler?

Maybe your case needs better airflow.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, L0str31 said:

this is not something started recently its was before when i was using on my old rig and  and at this one does it at some point the fan running really fast 

Have you attempted to replace the thermal paste?
I don't know the quality of paste that MSI uses, I've never actually owned a GPU from them.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Just now, Enderman said:

And you replaced the thermal paste and removed dust from the cooler?

Maybe your case needs better airflow.

yes i did i mean i have case it has a small space to air flow but it should be running at 90 celsius 

1 minute ago, Semper said:

Have you attempted to replace the thermal paste?
I don't know the quality of paste that MSI uses, I've never actually owned a GPU from them.

yes i have changed  it with mine thermal paste from cooler master 

No, use good paste like MX-4, NT-H1 or something.

Spoiler

as @Enderman pointed out, if you've done the above, it's got to be an airflow issue. remove the side panel to allow better airflow into the case and see if your temperatures improve.

1 minute ago, Semper said:

as @Enderman pointed out, if you've done the above, it's got to be an airflow issue. remove the side panel to allow better airflow into the case and see if your temperatures improve.

1 minute ago, Ausfernando said:

Maybe the case is horrible and the GPU is basically choking

ok i will thanks taking ur time 

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No, use good paste like MX-4, NT-H1 or something.

11 hours ago, Semper said:

My pc still runs really hot even with the side panel out its runs hot 

Show us your case like a pic or model..?

Also big factor How hot is your room? if its above 30 its understandable try to ac down your room to about 20-24

Specs

I7 9700k /  Hyper 212 LED / Asus Prime Z390/ 16 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3600 MHZ  / Gigabyte 1080 Ti OC / NZXT H500i / Cooler Master V1200W /

Gear Headset G430 / Mic BM 800 / Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Ultimate / Mouse Razer Deathadder / Mousepad Razer Goliath Largest /

Monitor Setup 24U2414H 1080p 60hz x2 / S2417DG 2k 165 hz G-sync

Storage Samsung M2 970 EVO 500GB / WD Gold 1 TB 7200 RPM

On 8/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, vuki300 said:

Show us your case like a pic or model..?

Also big factor How hot is your room? if its above 30 its understandable try to ac down your room to about 20-24

sry i answered late my room temperature is like 21 20 but my case is small