Boot on SSD

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Is Windows installed on the SSD? If so, you need to make the SSD the first drive in the boot priority, which can be changed in the BIOS/UEFI

If not, you'll need to install Windows (or whatever OS) on the SSD first, then change boot priority. You can either install the OS clean on the SSD or clone the HDD's OS. Installing a fresh OS on the SSD is the option I'd go for as cloning can cause issues. 

I just bought an SSD because I was currently using an HDD, to boot games and stuff faster. But i want to know how to boot my computer from the SSD instead of the HDD. Anyone can explain please? ^^

Is Windows installed on the SSD? If so, you need to make the SSD the first drive in the boot priority, which can be changed in the BIOS/UEFI

If not, you'll need to install Windows (or whatever OS) on the SSD first, then change boot priority. You can either install the OS clean on the SSD or clone the HDD's OS. Installing a fresh OS on the SSD is the option I'd go for as cloning can cause issues. 

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

What are the issues with cloning exactly? It would be easier for me if i just have everything the same but faster, but i know it's never that easy lol (btw if you haven't noticed im pretty bad with this stuff).