Not sure what to put here so im just going to say i need some help

Imapleb

Ok so theres those 3 cables in my computer (i believe theyre called esata cables) i accidentaly unplugged them when i was taking out my power supply that broke cuz i have bad cable management which made it seem like they were attached to the power supply (yes i know im stupid) so anyway i tried on another power supply that doesnt have a 6 pin thingy that goes into the gpu. My sister told me that those 3 esata cables need to be in the exact same order and place for my computer to turn on which in my opinion sounds kinda stupid but when i plug my computer on i get a MBR error 1, press any key to boot from floppy, pressing any key doesnt boot it, so my question is, is the problem because my power supply doesnt have a 6 pin thingy or those cables really need tk be in the exact same order and same position where they used to be?

What is your gpu?

If your gpu doesnt have enough power it probably wont work.

Also 3 cables only have a few different combinations, so you could try them all out to see if it fixes it.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

6 minutes ago, Imapleb said:

My sister told me that those 3 esata cables need to be in the exact same order and place for my computer to turn on which in my opinion sounds kinda stupid but when i plug my computer on i get a MBR error 1, press any key to boot from floppy, pressing any key doesnt boot it

You need to enter your BIOS (press Del key after you power your computer on) and look for an option called "Boot Priority". Those SATA cables connect things like your hard drives to the motherboard. Your motherboard needs to know which hard drive to try and boot windows from. So you will need to set the storage drive that has windows on it as the first in the boot priority.

As for the graphics card not receiving power, if the card has a 6pin connector on it but you don't have any cables plugged in to it from the PSU, then the graphics card won't work.

Considering you are getting a display that is providing information when you boot, I'd say that you do indeed have a display somehow. I would recommend removing the graphics card and plugging the monitor in to the HDMI port on the back of the motherboard if your CPU has integrated graphics

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

the only ones that really matter are the CPU 4/8 pin, the Motherboard 24 pin, and the gpu 6/8 pin everything else can just get plugged in wherever it fits and you should be fine.

Messing up the order of the sata cables is not the end of the world unless you have an older computer with a shittier bios, in that case either put the cables back how they were or fix it in the bios. your mbr error means the drive that normally is at the top of the boot priority has been moved so it cant find the mbr anymore

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480