VR

Txe

I've always been under the impression, Vive for whole room tracking and Rift for price/better controllers.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'd get a Rift and a third sensor personally. It should have better whole room tracking than a Vive and it will still cost a little less. If you have a really big head (as in 8 1/2 or larger hat size), the Vive may work better since you can replace the headstrap with a larger one.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You didn't give a whole lot of info here. What's more important to you? Price or performance? What's your budget?
Obviously, for the best VR experience, I'd go with the Vive Pro, but that easily puts a grand wide hole in your wallet.

What's the dimensions of the room you'll be playing in? Do you have the space to utilize the Vive's 15x15 feet tracking range?

How much do you value the ergonomics of the controllers? Those are a big selling point for the Rift.

Are you willing to spend additional money for a 3rd Rift sensor to get same quality tracking as with the Vive?

And most importantly: Do you have a chance to test both devices out somewhere in your area? Any shops that let you play test them for a bit of cash? Or have you already made some experiences with either device?
Personally, I'd just go for the one that will feel better both on your head and in your hands, since with a 3rd Rift sensor both the Rift and Vive are very comparable in performance and price tag.

i5-8600k delidded + Conductonaut - msi Z370-A Pro - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 2x8GB - be quiet Dark Rock 3 - Zotac GTX 1070 mini
Meh.

16 hours ago, Hrodberht said:

You didn't give a whole lot of info here. What's more important to you? Price or performance? What's your budget?
Obviously, for the best VR experience, I'd go with the Vive Pro, but that easily puts a grand wide hole in your wallet.

What's the dimensions of the room you'll be playing in? Do you have the space to utilize the Vive's 15x15 feet tracking range?

How much do you value the ergonomics of the controllers? Those are a big selling point for the Rift.

Are you willing to spend additional money for a 3rd Rift sensor to get same quality tracking as with the Vive?

And most importantly: Do you have a chance to test both devices out somewhere in your area? Any shops that let you play test them for a bit of cash? Or have you already made some experiences with either device?
Personally, I'd just go for the one that will feel better both on your head and in your hands, since with a 3rd Rift sensor both the Rift and Vive are very comparable in performance and price tag.

I prefer Performance my budget is 300 to 500 I am in Small space but am moving a year or 2 so ill have a bigger space by then I have only tried vr twice (conventions) (ps4 vr soooo) 

How much does a third party sensor cost

I thought it came with a sensor already

4 hours ago, Txe said:

I prefer Performance my budget is 300 to 500 I am in Small space but am moving a year or 2 so ill have a bigger space by then I have only tried vr twice (conventions) (ps4 vr soooo) 

How much does a third party sensor cost

I thought it came with a sensor already

Both VR devices come with 2 sensors if bought in the standard bundle.
The Vive's tracking is a lot better, though. If you go for the Rift and want the tracking to be similarly good, you need to buy an additional third sensor for the Rift, which will cost you about $70 if I recall correctly.
With that budget the Rift is pretty much your only option, though. In a small space you might just be fine with the 2 included sensors. You can still upgrade later along the line, once you moved maybe.

i5-8600k delidded + Conductonaut - msi Z370-A Pro - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 2x8GB - be quiet Dark Rock 3 - Zotac GTX 1070 mini
Meh.

15 hours ago, Hrodberht said:

Both VR devices come with 2 sensors if bought in the standard bundle.
The Vive's tracking is a lot better, though. If you go for the Rift and want the tracking to be similarly good, you need to buy an additional third sensor for the Rift, which will cost you about $70 if I recall correctly.
With that budget the Rift is pretty much your only option, though. In a small space you might just be fine with the 2 included sensors. You can still upgrade later along the line, once you moved maybe.

I've thought about it and i think i'll just wait until i move then get the vr thanks anyway