Is this GTX 1050 a scam?

Fokus
Go to solution Solved by LienusLateTips,

Fake.

Hey guys, what are your feelings on this gtx 1050 price? The card is on new egg and is also on Ali Baba. What are your thoughts, is this a scam or a really good deal? Please let me know, thanks in advance. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAGCB7TB1604&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Accessories+-+Controller+cards+Add-on+cards+Ect-_-9SIAGCB7TB1604&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvvPtmLKL3QIVkrXACh1J7AXJEAQYAiABEgKre_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Fake.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Thanks, that's a good point GtX 1050's don't have a VGA port. And when I typed it up on google to see if there were other 1050's with a VGA  this was the only card that came up. Thanks guys for catching that :)

"The highest resolution: 2048*1024"  Did they put actual specs of an older card but with a 1050 name?

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thats a fake, don't get it.

Why is this fake? And if it is, why is it being sold on newegg?

1 minute ago, vascobrissos14 said:

One of the biggest reasons this card looks suspicious is because it has a VGA port.

It's being sold on Newegg Marketplace, there are bad sellers on there just like on Amazon Marketplace, eBay, etc.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, coyotetracker said:

One of the biggest reasons this card looks suspicious is because it has a VGA port.

What's the problem with that? I don't see any problem with that having a VGA port. I can convert HDMI to VGA, and that's probably what they did somehow inside.

Maybe go to newegg in person and test it?

2 minutes ago, vascobrissos14 said:

What's the problem with that? I don't see any problem with that having a VGA port. I can convert HDMI to VGA, and that's probably what they did somehow inside.

Because VGA is not part of the stock 1050 and no real 1050 cards have VGA ports. Not even the 900 series have VGA anymore. It's gone from the cards which tells you right away that it's a really old card and a fake.

You cannot go to newegg and test it. If you look at the listing it's "First from Asia" so unless you plan to fly to some country in Asia to teardown a fake card, you won't be seeing it in person.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

people have done this. These are flashed 550's normally. Its a known scam goingon for a while.

2 minutes ago, vascobrissos14 said:

GTX 1050's don't have VGA ports 

the specs don't check out either memory frequency is 3600mhz but average 1050 is around 7000mhz, "The highest resolution: 2048*1024" wtf? when did cards weren't able to do more htan that? my 4th gen i5 igpu can do more

You got a point. That looks just like a "famous" shop we have here in Portugal where anyone can list their products and it becomes confusing. I personally dislike it (alredy stopped buying stuff there) and newegg shouldn't allow this.

Maybe report the listing. Don't really know how that works.

5 minutes ago, vascobrissos14 said:

You got a point. That looks just like a "famous" shop we have here in Portugal where anyone can list their products and it becomes confusing. I personally dislike it (alredy stopped buying stuff there) and newegg shouldn't allow this.

Maybe report the listing. Don't really know how that works.

If you buy from newegg, ebay and amazon you can get scammed, there is no way to filter out the garbage, reporting also wont do anything.

But what you can do is that look for the "sold and shipped by amazon" logo, and on newegg and amazon dont look at the marketplace, only buy from the companies themselves.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.