AMD Ryzen 5 2600 or 2600x good for 144hz gaming (pubg especially)

Should I try cheaper ryzen 2600x with a costlier motherboard for  144hz gaming or should I go for Intel processor which cost higher and compromise on motherboard .

Mostly playing pubg

Reaching ~140 fps should be possible with a 2600x. You definitely should overclock the cpu for best result. Just don't expect to constantly get 140 fps because it's PUBG after all.

What GPU do you have and what motherboard are you planning to get? Also I highly advice to get 3000Mhz + ram since Ryzen loves ram speed.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

You should be fine. With my setup (4790k/Fury) I run PUBG at 70-80 fps minimum with the average above 100 fps. I do run basically low settings except for textures and AA on ultra. With a 1070 or higher you will be at or near 144 fps often, and either the 2600 or x should be fine. An overclock might help you get the most out of it. 

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

On 25/08/2018 at 8:40 PM, crosstiger said:

Reaching ~140 fps should be possible with a 2600x. You definitely should overclock the cpu for best result. Just don't expect to constantly get 140 fps because it's PUBG after all.

What GPU do you have and what motherboard are you planning to get? Also I highly advice to get 3000Mhz + ram since Ryzen loves ram speed.

I have a 1080ti

Actually I have 2 1080ti from a mining rigxD

On 26/08/2018 at 1:40 AM, Vegetable said:

You should be fine. With my setup (4790k/Fury) I run PUBG at 70-80 fps minimum with the average above 100 fps. I do run basically low settings except for textures and AA on ultra. With a 1070 or higher you will be at or near 144 fps often, and either the 2600 or x should be fine. An overclock might help you get the most out of it. 

Will these be good for a 144hz monitor?

10 hours ago, Rudra_india said:

Will these be good for a 144hz monitor?

Yeah pretty much. You will 100% be fine. 

CPU: INTEL Core i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz - Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 - Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X SLI - RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 2400mhz - GPU: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 Fury 4G - Case: Phanteks P350X - PSU: EVGA 750GQ - Storage: WD Black 1TB - Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14s (Push) / 2x Corsair AF140 (Pull) / 3x Corsair AF120 (Exhaust) - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red - Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma

Bit of an AMD fan I suppose. I don't bias my replies to anything however, I just prefer AMD and their products. Buy whatever the H*CK you want. 

---QUOTE ME OR I WILL LIKELY NOT REPLY---

Normally, the rayzen 2600x has a higher clock sped then the regular 2600, so if you some extra performance get the 2600x but it's not game changing, it heavily depends on the graphics card for the est performance but the processor can have an important factor for your gaming experience.