Laptop runs much better/faster when PLUGGED IN

I have Acer Aspire 3 laptop which have:-

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

8GB RAM

Integrated AMD Vega 8 Graphics

My laptop runs games faster and giving more fps when I plugged in power cable.

My question is that, is there anyway to run my laptop on battery and give performance like when I plugged in power cable.

I believe that's an option you have to set in power options in your control panel. If I recall correctly, you have to select the high performance profile while on battery and it should get you running.

I like hanging out and conversing about tech and stuff, commuting from forums to discord every so often.

image.png.e9ff29376ce58a5940e3ab95e93ce226.pngimage.png.4a700671391c7e5d4a9cdbb75bbd239f.png

image.png

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

-= Moved to Laptops and Pre-Builts =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I just got a 2500u laptop too, if you right click on the radeon settings icon, select "graphics profile" and then performance, it should deliver a few more of those much needed FPS. There's a handful of other tweaks out there, though i only really use them on PUBG to make it hit 30-40 fps

####################  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

####################  GPU: Radeon Vega 8 

####################  Ram: 8gb DDR4 2666MHz

####################  SSD: OEM 128gb M SATA 

####################  HDD: Seagate Baracuda 1tb 5400RPM

It is normal that the laptop performs better when plugged in. This is because (the following varies based on the laptop model):

• It knows that it not limited by the battery, and so the CPU thermal and power consumption (you can't change this in Windows. You can change this in the BIOS/UEFI if there is such option), may change.
  • It has more power available. Some laptop consumes less power when on battery then plugged in, and so the the hardware is power constraint.  Some laptop can emulate this at a more extreme level by plugging a lower power deliver PSU than what the laptop was designed for (for example, say your laptop needs a 90W PSU, but you plug in a 65W, and so the CPU doesn't go at 2.whatever GHz, but downclock at 800MHz (or whatever), same for the rest of the hardware)
  • And of course, you have Windows power management option. It is highly recommended that laptops remain on BALANCE power profile, unlike what was suggested, because laptop don't have adequate cooling. Warmer the system, the less likely the GPU and CPU will turbo boost faster, or at all. Balance, enables the CPU power saving features (which works with Windows to get performance when needed, and not too late. So for example, Windows can send a signal to the CPU that a program is about to run, and the CPU can clock faster instantly (milliseconds to nano seconds, depending on the CPU) to accelerate the switch over to a higher clock rate, without delays.

Also,

• Don't forget that you have a slider in the power icon that an be adjusted which affects the OS responsiveness and features. Minimum will cut transparency, live tiles, and so more.
  • Battery Saver Mode should be turned off to maximize system performance.